D-Link VPN Router > DSR-250

DSR-250 harware version A1 problems.

<< < (2/3) > >>

FurryNutz:
Did you try the Console update process listed in the other link?

sbosse:
No but I'll give that a try. Do I need a real serial port or USB over serial or just plain Ethernet cable?

FurryNutz:
I would check the user manual. If it's a RS-232 port, then you'll need either a real or USB to RS-232 cable...

sbosse:
Thanks. All I have on the router is the Ethernet port, no serial port and I do not have the special Ethernet cable with e DB9 connector. Not sure why some FW versions can be burned via GUI and others require going into boot loader mode. Kind of wonky.

Not sure if I buy another newer DSR-250 from Amazon or Newegg if it'll have the newest hardware ver.

FurryNutz:
Ya I forgot, some don't have the 232 connector. Let me see if there is any more help.

--- Quote from: sbosse on May 29, 2018, 02:18:21 PM ---Thanks. All I have on the router is the Ethernet port, no serial port and I do not have the special Ethernet cable with e DB9 connector. Not sure why some FW versions can be burned via GUI and others require going into boot loader mode. Kind of wonky.

Not sure if I buy another newer DSR-250 from Amazon or Newegg if it'll have the newest hardware ver.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version