• March 28, 2024, 09:22:57 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: DNS-323 1.08 Beta Bug List / Improvement List  (Read 117545 times)

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
Re: DNS-323 1.08 Beta Bug List / Improvement List
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2010, 05:24:41 AM »

I'll have to do that when I have time to recreate all the configuration on the box.
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

jamieburchell

• Level 6 Member
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2010, 10:33:26 AM »

No joy.  Ran the FFP removal and totally removed it, still doesn't hibernate.

Odd. Just to note the drives also hibernated fine with 1.07 and 1.06 too? Not sure what the issue could be. Another machine on the network accessing files on it? Try removing the network cable...?
If your little 323 is not working right,
You've racked your brains and been up all night
Take a deep breath and wipe away the sweat,
Login as web admin and try a factory reset!

darkmantis

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2010, 03:22:15 PM »

not sure if this has been asked or not, but is there a way or a way that you can allow us to see who is connected via ftp? Maybe it's just me, but I can't find the current users connected in the logs or otherwise. This would be a great feature (if not already added) and also, is there a way to throttle bandwidth without the user losing connection? And, can you add a feature to throttle only certain users?

Thanks

julienbh

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2010, 09:00:06 AM »

I had 1 seagate HD, when I tried to put another one it asked me to format my drive which I'm ok with. At about 4%, it stop with error code 112.

Saw this thread so I thought I might put it here. Worked for me.
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=7363.0

Have a nice one!

Silver82

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2010, 05:48:35 PM »

Here's another bug, and sorry if it's been repeated by someone else, in a different way.

I have both bays filled. I have one drive set as a public drive, leaving the access as Any. The other drive, I set as personal and have it locked by username and password. In the Network Access page, I have disabled the Any option for the second drive completely.

When another user tries to connect to the NAS, even when mapped just for the open volume, it prompts for a username and password.

Under 1.06, it would only prompt if they tried to access Volume_2. Under the latest 1.08 Beta, it prompts as soon as the mapping hits the \\NAS\ level. Anything below that requires authentication, even if it's only trying to go to the public Volume_1 share.

Both computers in question are using Windows 7 RTM.

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2010, 05:55:04 PM »

Known issue, they changed the way the permissions work in 1.07, now you can't have anonymous shares if you have any passworded shares.  I've been complaining about it ever since. :(

Silver82

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2010, 08:08:13 PM »

yeah, I was dumb. I looked after the fact, and was like "...I n00b'd myself" on that.
We need to complain more. Seriously, it's a pain in the backside. Code regression please.

tom-p

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2010, 10:36:39 AM »

BT Improvement Request - It would be great if there was a BT option to stop the torrent once the torrent is downloaded 100%, can this be included in future versions?

Thanks

gionn

• Level 1 Member
    • GNU/Linux Blog
« Reply #98 on: February 20, 2010, 03:49:41 AM »

BT Improvement Request - It would be great if there was a BT option to stop the torrent once the torrent is downloaded 100%, can this be included in future versions?

This is not a polite behavior in p2p networks... Although, there is already a configuration option for such need.

woutersa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2010, 01:17:27 AM »

I read some topics about RAID configuration got lost after the upgrade and even data got lost when restoring this configuration. Is this still the case, or is this upgrade as safe as previous ones?

Thanks,
Anton

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2010, 05:46:16 AM »

Well, I went from 1.07 to 1.08, and my RAID-1 data was fine.  This is only a sample of one, but it worked for me. :)

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2010, 09:59:44 AM »

FW v1.0.8, Bit Torrent Package v1.0.0

Change in behaviour. If adding a torrent from file, the default behaviour used to be that a manual start of the download was required. It now starts automatically.

Adding a torrent via URI still requires a manual start.

The behaviour should be consistent, I'd like it to be automatic start when adding a torrent via either method.
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2010, 10:02:53 AM »

Suggestion for improvement:

Running the setup wizard may be useful the first time the system is configured. After that, it is less useful. It would be nice to change the default page for the Admin Console to something other than the wizard once the unit is configured, such as the status screen. An option to run the wizard would still be nice, but is not a particularly useful default.
3 x DNS-323 with 2 x 2TB WD Drives each for a total of 12 TB Storage and Backup. Running DLink Firmware v1.08 and Fonz Fun Plug (FFP) v0.5 for improved software support.

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2010, 10:05:47 AM »

Bug?

Setting the Tools -> System -> Config Inactivity Timer does not seem to work assuming it does what I think it does. If it is supposed to control the amount of time you can sit idle in the Admin configuration page before having to log in again, then I don't think it works. I set mine to 999 minutes, but I still have to log in every few minutes if the console sits idle.

dosborne

• Level 5 Member
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2010, 10:09:35 AM »

Missing Help Info:

Tools -> Power Management -> Power Recovery Settings

The "Helpful Hints" talks about hibernation and fan control but does not say what Power Recovery Settings are for. I assume this is used in the even of restoration of power after a power failure. Enabled would mean the device powers up, disabled means the unit must be manually powered on.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8