• April 16, 2024, 02:33:42 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: DNS-320 - Firmware v2.02b01 Comments & Observations  (Read 35215 times)

albert

• Level 5 Member
    • SoHo NAS Forum
Re: DNS-320 - Firmware v2.02b01 Comments & Observations
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 04:54:53 AM »

The firmware drives the user interface and end-user functionality. If the firmware upgrade/downgrade is failing, the likely culprit is some issue with or corruption of the current firmware installation.

AFAIK, I'm not the only one facing this issue, which made me wonder why hasn't D-Link themselves encounter this? Anyway, tried doing the downgrade again after performing a restore to factory default settings (via webUI) with the same result.

Can someone kindly verify this on their NAS?
D-Link DNS-320 rev A1 (FW: 2.05) [FFP-0.7]
PCI NAS-01G (FW: Encore ENNHD-1000 4.10)
PCI NAS-01G (FW: OpenNAS 1.9]

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 05:28:55 AM »

AFAIK, I'm not the only one facing this issue, which made me wonder why hasn't D-Link themselves encounter this? Anyway, tried doing the downgrade again after performing a restore to factory default settings (via webUI) with the same result.

Can someone kindly verify this on their NAS?

I believe the factory default settings option in the web interface only resets the user configurations. This feature does not reset the firmware. The reset button on the rear of the unit should reinstall the factory default firmware stored in ROM memory.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

albert

• Level 5 Member
    • SoHo NAS Forum
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 05:40:55 AM »

I believe the factory default settings option in the web interface only resets the user configurations. This feature does not reset the firmware. The reset button on the rear of the unit should reinstall the factory default firmware stored in ROM memory.

I knew you're going to say that so I proceed and perform the reset using the reset button and sure enough it's still the same result.
D-Link DNS-320 rev A1 (FW: 2.05) [FFP-0.7]
PCI NAS-01G (FW: Encore ENNHD-1000 4.10)
PCI NAS-01G (FW: OpenNAS 1.9]

cable2

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 11:21:05 AM »

I don't know if it's just me, but is anybody else having trouble using ddns to ftp with 2.02.  My ftp was working fine before the upgrade, re-entered the DDNS info, checked the router settings but I cannot access the dns-320.  I can't get to it either locally or outside my home network, via the ddns link.  I was going to try and downgrade to 2.00 firmware to see if that clears the issue, but apparently that is problematic.  Could it be the user settings?  I added one after I upgraded but I didn't test 2.02 before adding the new user.  Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks

UPDATE: Tried to downgrade firmware from 2.02.  Did factory reset first.  It will not downgrade to either 2.00 or 2.01.  Oh yes, the logon screen will forever remember your password if you make the mistake of checking that little "remember me" box.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 12:12:25 PM by cable2 »

maks

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2011, 11:25:09 PM »

I'm having exactly the same problem, I cannot downgrade back to the original 2.0 firmware.
Everytime I try to upload the original firmware, I get an upload failed error.
Could someone at DLink pls look into this as its rather annoying, as I'd liek to go back to the 2.0 firmware due to the beta having a bug where the fan nver turns off, even when the box is completely idle (this was working fine in the 2.0 firmware).

JuLx64

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2011, 01:38:49 AM »

I'm having exactly the same problem, I cannot downgrade back to the original 2.0 firmware.
Everytime I try to upload the original firmware, I get an upload failed error.
Could someone at DLink pls look into this as its rather annoying, as I'd liek to go back to the 2.0 firmware due to the beta having a bug where the fan nver turns off, even when the box is completely idle (this was working fine in the 2.0 firmware).

I haven't tried downgrading, but I don't have the fan issue. It turns off normally when the temperature gets low, and of course on idle.

mmmmx

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 07:24:45 PM »

I don't know if it's just me, but is anybody else having trouble using ddns to ftp with 2.02.  My ftp was working fine before the upgrade, re-entered the DDNS info, checked the router settings but I cannot access the dns-320.  I can't get to it either locally or outside my home network, via the ddns link.  I was going to try and downgrade to 2.00 firmware to see if that clears the issue, but apparently that is problematic.  Could it be the user settings?  I added one after I upgraded but I didn't test 2.02 before adding the new user.  Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks

Same problem here.
My Router was configured one-DDNS, says "x.dyndns.org" while, DNS-320 was configured another-DDNS says "y.dyndns.org"

DDNS@router still works fine but DDNS@DNS320 acts strangely after firmware upgrade to v2.02b01.

DDNS@DNS-320 updates too often until dyndns.org blocks my access :(. No joys when I switch to dlinkddns.com-DDNS

znoga

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 03:43:46 AM »

also unable to revert back to 2.00 from 2.02beta.

As well found some issues no one else has mentioned.

I'm new with the product - just bought 2 a few days back.

Upgraded one to 2.02beta and set up 2 1TB drives in a RAID 0 configuration.

Did a fairly substantial file copy (about 900GB) using a program called TeraCopy.

With this program I normally do a CRC validation as well.

Shockingly after the process was done nearly every file failed the CRC validation.

All the failed files were larger A/V media files - 175MB, 220MB, 350MB, 500MB, 550MB & 700MB in size.

The only files that passed were the small nfo's - usually less than 1MB in size.

Did some more experimentation - tried some file copies using the standard configuration rather than RAID (silly me, I thought storing a file in RAID 0 might physically make the file different and as a result change the CRC value.)

As I said earlier, I bought 2 DNS-320's. One is now FW 2.02beta and the other still at FW 2.00

with 2 pairs of drives ( 2 x 2TB & 2 x 1TB) I tried copying (a significantly smaller sample than my initial 900GB) to both sets of drives in each of the 2 DNS-320 units.

In all cases all of the larger media files failed CRC validation on both volumes (and on both pairs of drives) on the FW 2.02beta unit

and in all cases all files passed CRC validation on the FW 2.00 unit.

so beware if you are on 2.02beta - your files are not safe.

z

<<added>>

also having file sequencing issues when accessing the DNS-320 with a networked media player.

<<added 2>>

just to clarify

the CRC validation is not a physical write check but a confirmation that the target file matches the source file. I have also attempted to open the "corrupted" files with application programs such as vlc etc - doesn't play them, but doesn't give any message either - just does nothing.

also another observation - from the graphic display of TeraCopy, during the writing process on the FW 2.02beta unit there is a 10 - 15 sec pause in the processing either at the start or end of each file - this pause does not occur on the FW 2.00 unit.

<<another added>>

just did a simple Windows copy and paste of one of the "corrupted" files rather than TeraCopy to the FW 2.02beta unit and the file is fine. Appears it is the use of TeraCopy and FW 2.02beta together which causes the corruption problem as FW 2.00 & TeraCopy worked fine together.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 09:37:29 AM by znoga »

tash

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 04:37:28 AM »

I have upgraded to the beta b01, for me it's faster, the fan is less noisy, until now I'm happy with

drocelot

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 06:02:55 PM »

After upgrading unable to use Sync-Centre on mapped drives.

gadan

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2011, 01:30:29 PM »

I hope D-Link could gave us the possibility to return to a previous firmware.....  :(

donpepot

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2011, 12:54:55 AM »

I upgraded to 2.02 hoping that the P2P folder will not be visible in anonymous FTP as I have read in other forums. But it is still there. I even tried changing the settings in File server but it's still the same.

I can't modify the settings in the Account Management->Network Shares.  Is there a work-around on this? I thought it was going to be fixed in this firmware.

Can anybody help, please?

Thanks!!! 

Keithdib

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2011, 03:02:29 AM »

I upgraded To 2.02 and now my NAS crashes all the time. If I am downloaded a few torrents and try to stream a movie or music it freezes and I have to power down the NAS and the power back up. I cannot even find it on the network when this happens.

This was not happening until i upgraded the firmware!

Is this happening for anyone else?

[EDIT]

This seems to be happening when I approach the "10" torrent download more, and if I stream then it crashes... If I don't have any downloads running it will stream OK, this is only after the 2.02 firmware
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 11:23:55 PM by Keithdib »

drocelot

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2011, 10:43:27 PM »

I find I cannot map to a share created under Volume_1 this firmware is buggy!

Tonio

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2011, 12:31:54 AM »

Hello,

i have upgraded my dns-320 to firmware 2.02b01 and now i get issues with FTP.
before upgrading, i could suspend (abort) a FTP file upload to NAS and resume it later.
i could replace a file by the same file with any issue.
for example, i could resume upload of a large file and now it is not possible any more.
i get an error 553, Users may not upload files.
note :temporary files like .pureftpxxxxxx are not created any more by the NAS.

To success the upload i have to delete uncompleted file/files on the NAS ftp, deconnect and reconnect.
So it is possible to replace the file on the NAS with FTP client but still impossible to resume it.
may be d-link technicien could have a look to this issue.

PS : i discovered too late that it's impossible to downgrade the firmware.. :-\

thanks to D-link for precious help
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 06:21:23 AM by Tonio »
La vie est un jeu ou on ne sort jamais vivant.
Pages: 1 [2] 3