• March 29, 2024, 04:07:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How do i connect to dns 320 server remotely from another pc and android phone?  (Read 28531 times)

jksmith

• Level 1 Member

How do i connect to dns 320 server remotely from another pc and android phone so i can see file or watch a video?  i look every where, ive tried all kind of setting and im currently waiting on a call from dlink. its been 2 hrs no return call yet

example, if i wanted someone from this forum to connect to my Nas how would i go about doing that?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 01:23:01 PM by jksmith »

jksmith

• Level 1 Member

help omg,

brewster0101

Using your android phone is easy for media. Enable upnp on the NAS box and select the correct folders. Now depends on your phone but if you have DNLA media streaming software your ready to go. Assuming your NAS box is connected to a wireless router and your phone is connected to the same wireless router.

Remote access is a little harder. You need to set up the FTP server part. Which is tricky and requires specific settings on the NAS box and router. I've not worked this part out yet.

jksmith

• Level 1 Member

thanks for the response

albert

• Level 5 Member
    • SoHo NAS Forum

Actually it's quite simple. For remote access to your NAS webUI setup your NAS with DDNS (dlinkddns.com or dyndns.com) and configure port-forwarding on your router. As for remote file access, either use AjaXplorer or enable ftp server. FYI, newer version of AjaXplorer even allow streaming of video.
D-Link DNS-320 rev A1 (FW: 2.05) [FFP-0.7]
PCI NAS-01G (FW: Encore ENNHD-1000 4.10)
PCI NAS-01G (FW: OpenNAS 1.9]

TekDes

• Level 1 Member

Actually it's quite simple. For remote access to your NAS webUI setup your NAS with DDNS (dlinkddns.com or dyndns.com) and configure port-forwarding on your router. As for remote file access, either use AjaXplorer or enable ftp server. FYI, newer version of AjaXplorer even allow streaming of video.
Hi Albert, would you be so kind to explain me how to access AjaXplorer from a different network (for example from my office) ? thanks

albert

• Level 5 Member
    • SoHo NAS Forum

Hi Albert, would you be so kind to explain me how to access AjaXplorer from a different network (for example from my office) ? thanks

First setup DDNS for your NAS so that you can access it remotely. If your router support DDNS then configure it there else use the DDNS feature provided by the NAS. You will need to do port-forwarding on your router to forward web traffic on port 80 to your NAS. Once you get all these working, accessing AjaXplorer is basically the same as what you would do locally.
D-Link DNS-320 rev A1 (FW: 2.05) [FFP-0.7]
PCI NAS-01G (FW: Encore ENNHD-1000 4.10)
PCI NAS-01G (FW: OpenNAS 1.9]

michaelwayne_71

• Level 1 Member

I am not having luck with this.

>I have installed the latest iphone AjaXplorer app
>forwarded "http" port 80 to my NAS
>ddns setup and functioning; this is how i'm successfully hitting the ftp.

I can now access ftp...but I would like to stream.  There are no setup instructions with the app.

Any help?

franksetank

• Level 2 Member

isnt DDNS only needed when the NAS is in a network with an dynamic internet IP?