• April 28, 2024, 07:27:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DAP-1522 Mac Address Masking Problem  (Read 3371 times)

bodhi

• Level 1 Member
DAP-1522 Mac Address Masking Problem
« on: September 30, 2011, 02:48:17 PM »

I have this difficult problem since installing DAP-1522 bridge: All devices behind this bridge appear to the outside world using the same MAC address. The MAC address is the DAP-1522 MAC address. For example, I have an HTPC, and a media player connected to the DAP-1522, and they are assigned a static IP address. Outside the bridge, I can see and ping both HTPC and media player using their IP addresses. However, their MAC addresses are the same as the DAP-1522 MAC address.

This problem with the bridge masking all MAC addresses has made using a WOL magic packet to wake up the devices impossible!

Please help!

EDIT: Sorry for not searching the forum properly :-) but I found this has been discussed. Basically, DLink Support does not acknowledge this is a problem.
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=38602.0
I have a catch-22 situtation with this. If I disable MAC Cloning then, the MAC address is always going to be set to the Bridge MAC addr. If I enable MAC Cloning, then I can only choose 1 MAC address from either device :-(
Anybody have a solution for this? Is Dlink Support interested in helping users of their products?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 08:44:25 PM by bodhi »

bodhi

• Level 1 Member
Re: DAP-1522 Mac Address Masking Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 12:19:49 PM »

Anyone?