• April 27, 2024, 06:59:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: DAP1522 incompatible with almost all new Pioneer AVR's  (Read 30657 times)

tony82

• Level 1 Member
DAP1522 incompatible with almost all new Pioneer AVR's
« on: August 27, 2010, 10:42:06 PM »

I have just discovered after three weeks of testing that DAP-1522 wireless bridges are not compatible with all the new Pioneer AVR's that support internet radio and Iphone control.  Anytime a DAP-1522 is powered on and on the same subnet mask as a Pioneer receiver it will cause the Pioneer to loose it's connection every 30 minutes.  The receiver is then not able to connect unless it is powered off and on again. The DAP-1522 will cause this even if the Pioneer is hardwired to a router and nothing is plugged into the DAP-1522.  This affects all new models of Pioneer receivers including the Elite line like I have.

I have tested this with 3 differnet Pioneer receivers and 2 DAP-1522's and always got the same results no matter what the settings were and with the 1522 in AP or bridge mode.  Other Pioneer receiver owners experiencing constant disconnect problems on another forum have now also confirmed they have DAP-1522's.....and they are also pissed after spending countless hours troubleshooting.

I talked to Dlink support today and they will not admit to a problem so I can't wait to contact Pioneer tech support on Monday to let them know I have found the reason they are seeing returns on their new receivers (some cost as much as $7K) since many of the new owners like myself are exchanging them thinking they got a bad one.  I'm sure Pioneer will test this immediately and force a Dlink fix or turn it over to the FCC.

At this point I just wish I could get my money back since I have also already confirmed that a netgear bridge works just fine.  Come to think of it, I know Dlink has a new refund policy, but I will check with my state district attorney to see if they can legally keep my money even if the product doesn't work. I don't see anything on the outside of the box with this policy so therfore I wasn't given fair warning of the policy before purchase and would not be expected to know it since it is not industry standard.  Let the games begin.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 11:58:29 AM by tony82 »

Ianaber

• Level 1 Member
Re: DAP1522 incompatible with all new Pioneer AVR's
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 01:20:31 AM »

Which Elite receiver do you have?  My SC-27 has worked flawless for over six months.  I have no problem streaming internet radio for hours on end and have uploaded new firmware via the DAP as well.  My BDP-09FD also has no problem connecting to update it's firmware.

I'm running 2 DAP-1522's running wireless N at 300M to a DIR-825 Router.

tony82

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 05:52:28 PM »

I have a VSX-32 and the problem has also been confirmed on a VSX-1020K and VSX-1120K.  As I said in the post, this issue relates to the newly released Pioneer AVR's that also support Iphone control. Your SC-27 is a previous generation model that doesn't support the new features added in the current models and therefore wouldn't see this issue.

Ianaber

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 10:46:02 PM »

Good to know.  I was going to upgrade to the SC-37.

I like mine better now!

Ianaber

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 11:27:05 PM »

Just curious...did the problem occur on both bands?

I'm going to borrow an SC-37 and see if the problem exists with my system.

tony82

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 02:03:21 PM »

The problem occurs if the DAP-15522 communicates on either band.  Keep in mind that the receiver doesn't even need to be connected to te 1522.  Even if you connect the AVR directly to your router, and have nothing at all plugged into the DAP-1522, the DAP-1522 will cause the AVR to disconnect every ~30 minutes or so.  Numerous people have now reported this on AV forums and Dlink is looking into it.

Ianaber

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 10:28:42 AM »

I've been running an SC-37 for two weeks now.  I pulled out my SC-27 and left all the wiring and settings the same.  No disconnects!

Looks like it may be something to do with the cheaper amps in the Elite line...shielding maybe?

roy_e_brisby

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 03:19:17 AM »

I have the same exact problem with a VSX-1120-k and a DAP-1522.  It's interesting to hear that if I dump all the DAP-1522's off my network (I have two) that the problem would go away.

Pioneer basically thought I was insane, and the local repair guy they referred me to just read off a note about bringing the receiver in to upgrade firmware (which they didn't have at the moment). 

Does having a dlink router (acting as the DHCP server for the network)  matter?   Or would it be necessary to dump all pieces of dlink hardware? 

I'm actually fairly happy with the performance of the router (DIR-825 rev A firmware 1.13)  - it's just this VSX-1120-k issue with the DAP-1522 that's bugging me.   

Going to see about replacing the DAP-1522's on my network with a different bridge to try. 

tony82

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 12:01:29 PM »

I have the same exact problem with a VSX-1120-k and a DAP-1522.  It's interesting to hear that if I dump all the DAP-1522's off my network (I have two) that the problem would go away.

Pioneer basically thought I was insane, and the local repair guy they referred me to just read off a note about bringing the receiver in to upgrade firmware (which they didn't have at the moment). 

Does having a dlink router (acting as the DHCP server for the network)  matter?  or would it be necessary to dump all pieces of dlink hardware? 

I'm actually fairly happy with the performance of the router (DIR-825 rev A firmware 1.13)  - it's just this VSX-1120-k issue with the DAP-1522 that's bugging me.   

Going to see about replacing the DAP-1522's on my network with a different bridge to try. 

The router is fine and the issue is with the DAP-1522 only.  I also have a DIR-825 and I have tested with Netgear and Linksys routers also and the problem persists as long as the DAP-1522 is connected.

tony82

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 06:09:31 PM »

I've been running an SC-37 for two weeks now.  I pulled out my SC-27 and left all the wiring and settings the same.  No disconnects!

Looks like it may be something to do with the cheaper amps in the Elite line...shielding maybe?
I don't understand your comment about the Elite line....The SC-27, SC-37, VSX-32, VSX-33 are all Elite line models. The SC-37 uses an ICE amp that the others don't. The SC-27 doesn't apply here because it doesn't have the latest Iphone/Internet radio network capabilities.  I haven't tested the SC series, but from the Pioneer description, it uses a different network chip than the other units which appears to be the reason it isn't affected. It wouldn't have anything to do with shieding if it happens every 30 minutes regardless of volume level or even if the Pioneer is actually connected to the DAP-1522. I would expect shielding issues to cause immediate disconnects especially at high power levels. This is a network protocal incompatibility that I would expect Dlink to resolve in quick order.

Gildor

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 10:22:37 AM »

I'm sorry, but to say that there is a compatibility problem with all new Pioneer AVRs is false.  I don't have an ipod, but Internet radio and all other network based functions work flawlessly with my SC-37.  I have yet to experience any problems.  I can't, however, speak to the other new models.

I am running at 2.5 GHz, as I don't have the capability to go 5 GHz yet.  I don't know if that would make a difference or not.

tony82

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 12:14:33 PM »

I'm sorry, but to say that there is a compatibility problem with all new Pioneer AVRs is false.  I don't have an ipod, but Internet radio and all other network based functions work flawlessly with my SC-37.  I have yet to experience any problems.  I can't, however, speak to the other new models.

I am running at 2.5 GHz, as I don't have the capability to go 5 GHz yet.  I don't know if that would make a difference or not.
OK then almost all new Pioneer AVR's.  The only one that appears to be working according to your feedback and feedback from Ianaber and the only ones I haven't tested with DAP-1522 is the SC-37 and I don't know yet about the SC-35.  All other new models with network capability including the 1020K, 1120K, VSX-30, VSX-31-VSX-32-VSX-33 have been tested and proven to not be compatible with the DAP-1522. Having only 1 out of 6 models working correctly does not bode well for Dlink considering these models work just fine with networking hardware from other vendors.....yes I have tested them and yes they work with other vendors networks.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 08:35:33 PM by tony82 »

iontyre

• Level 1 Member
Re: DAP1522 incompatible with almost all new Pioneer AVR's
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 07:14:40 AM »

Chiming in to say I have the same problem with my vsx-1020k.  Although the receiver is not connected to the DAP-1522, whenever it is on it causes the receiver to lose network connectivity after between 15 and 45 minutes after powerup.  Happens every time.  Love my receiver, and the DAP-1522 seems fine otherwise, but this is a very annoying problem...

iontyre

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 03:53:37 PM »

So, we have a new firmware for this router but no indication that this frequently mentioned problem has been considered at all.  Has anyone tested this new firmware with the Pioneer receivers to see if it helps?  If not, are they ever going to look into this?

tony82

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2011, 11:25:20 AM »

Firmware 1.31 does not fix the problem.  Dlink said they were committed to fixing this issue but it appears they were blowing smoke.......big surprise.
Pages: [1] 2 3