• April 19, 2024, 12:47:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Network shares / user permissions  (Read 5529 times)

ikke

• Level 1 Member
Network shares / user permissions
« on: April 25, 2011, 03:19:51 AM »

Can anyone help me to set permissions per subfolders, please? Have read that several people have kind of similar issues. Mine are not related to Mac, but Windows 7. When trying to assign permissions, I can only choose the main volume, but no subfolders at all. Same with back-up schedules actually. If I cannot properly assign permissions to user/groups by subfolder, then the whole NAS 320 is useless to me...
Updated yesterday to firmware 2.0. Noticed new web interface, nicer, but does not always work correctly unfortunately...
Thanks for any hints/help!

oroblraM

• Level 1 Member
Re: Network shares / user permissions
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 04:07:17 AM »

Hi!

That's no Problem. In the web-Interface you dont have to click on the Checkbox of "Volume_1",
click on the Text of  "Volume_1",  then a dropdown-List with your current Folders will open..

ikke

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 04:41:12 AM »

Thanks for your answer. My "volume_1" text does not seem to be clickable :-(. I'm in the new web interface, in management, account management, network shares.
Is that the place you mean?

oroblraM

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 07:17:03 AM »

thats what i mean..

Creating in there a new share you will get:
Step 1: Select Share Folder
in this topic when you move your mouse above the Text "Volume_1" cursor changes to pointing hand..
clicking will expand to all folders currently available.. at the end of the list you will find the Topic "new"

ikke

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »

Right. Got it..but, not the Ajaxplorer folder where all my stuff is in... Just the ITunes folder (and I remember seeing the P2P folder there before also, but now it disappeared?). Sorry, I should have been more specific. Any ideas how to share stuff within the Ajaxplorer folder?

oroblraM

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 11:08:04 AM »

oohh..   :o

think that won't work..  as far i know the Ajaxpf-Folder is located in another partition of the NAS HDD's..
There's a Partition "Volume_1", another Partition for "Ajaxpf" and one for the Operating-System of the NAS..

I'll try a little bit here at home to get this solved.. if there are any results i will tell you..

ikke

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 11:34:45 AM »

Ai...that does not sound good  :'( Took me more than a week to get all on the NAS....
Cannot remember done something for the Ajaxplorer with regards to a "partition", I just read that if using it all should be in that folder otherwise not visible. So I did... There's nothing about this "partition" thing in the manual ?
Thanks for looking into this!

oroblraM

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 11:57:30 AM »

it's only an idea:

why don't you move all the folders in Ajaxpf to Volume_1  ??  (using Windows Explorer)

ikke

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 02:32:18 PM »

Could do that,  but then I'll loose the functionality of Ajaxplore, I do I not need that?
Sorry, I'm completely innocent with regards to networks - nas matterd ???