• April 18, 2024, 11:25:17 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Exporting is a hot mess.  (Read 2984 times)

alexakajojo

• Level 1 Member
Exporting is a hot mess.
« on: November 08, 2015, 06:30:35 AM »

Just set up a DNR-202L to record motion-detected video from four cams (5009x3, 5029x1) in Mac OS X (El Capitan) and Safari 9.

Getting the NVR to do anything but record continuously has been an exercise in futility, and I've accepted that. I figure I'll just let it record continuously, as long as I can export clips to save before the hard drive overwrites.

Here's what I'm doing:

Accessing the DNR-202L through mydlink portal, I click on NVR Info tab, then Connect. Brings up Live View of four cams. That's fine.

Click on Playback tab, there's no obvious "Export" button anywhere. So I go into NVR Info tab, then hit Advanced Settings button. Brings up a different-looking portal with Settings. I ignore that and hit the Playback button in the upper right quadrant of GUI.

In that screen, I scroll down the right hand menu under Playback menu, there's a Video Export icon.

I set up my Cue In and Cue Out spots, everything's ready to go, click Video Export, and boom - I get an error stating "Does not support exporting an AVI file." It's got the Java icon so it looks like a Java issue.

And that's it. Can't do anything else. I guess I can try on my Windows 10 laptop, but the Mac is my primary machine.

Any other Mac users getting that error?

Kakashi::.

• Level 3 Member
Re: Exporting is a hot mess.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 09:31:25 PM »

This has been an issue that has been disclosed in many prior versions of the firmware release notes. See current v2.02.00 Firmware Release Notes: 

The problem comes from the lack of AVI encoder support in MacOS, changes may be coming, unfortunately there is not ETA at this time.
Exporting at this time must be done from a Windows PC and although I know this may not be optimal, at this time, is the only option.