• April 19, 2024, 01:46:52 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Hard-To-Describe Problem  (Read 5691 times)

m_archer92

• Level 1 Member
Hard-To-Describe Problem
« on: November 15, 2008, 03:15:28 PM »

I have a MacBook Air and a Dell Inspiron E1505 notebook; as well as a DIR-615, obviously.
Well... Whenever I have JUST my MacBook connected to the wireless network, I get my full bandwith, and AirPort stays connected to it. But, when the Dell connects to the network, I stay connected, but I can't access the Internet. If I try to load pages, it tries to request the page, and it won't ever load. Then I lose my connection to online apps such as iTunes Radio, and instant messengers.

Its a very hard problem to describe, but I hope the above description kinda covers it.
I have re-flashed the firmware, and I have restored defaults. Nothing fixes it.

Not to mention that I can't use WPA, because it enables Wireless-N mode, and then my Mac will have no Internet connection at all, but it will connect to the network.

MistaKennedy

Re: Hard-To-Describe Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 10:06:54 AM »

Does the router have MAC filtering and if so did enable the Dell's address?

arod

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 03:57:34 PM »

m_archer92 ,

When you have both the macbook and the dell connected wirelessy to the network, which laptop cannot access the internet? Both or just one of the laptops?

lanman08

• Level 1 Member
Re: Hard-To-Describe Problem- 2 notebooks cause dropouts
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 06:32:49 PM »

Hi I also have what I think is similar or same problem using the DIR 615 Dlink. 
I have 2 laptops.. one is a Dell with Windows XP home which is using 802.11G and the other a Sony which is using the 802.11N with Windows Vista  ----both wireless connections to the DIR 615.
When I use either one and leave the other one turned off I have no problems, but when I have both laptops turned on at the same time I get sporadic droputs which affect both laptops at the same time.  Sometimes I even have to reboot to get them re-connected.   Once again they work fine when on the network alone but when 2 are on at once I get droputs and I havent been able to figure it out.
Any ideas?

chrisnclovis

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 03:09:57 PM »

Make sure that the modem is connected to the internet port and not one of the LAN ports of the DIR-615.

happyman1951

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 08:10:03 AM »

I had a similar problem with mine and after trying for a few hours I turned off my firewall and was able to install everything then I turn it back on.
hope it helps

lanman08

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 04:43:13 PM »

Yes the Modem is connected correctly.  How could it not be when the wireless laptops work fine for hours when I only use one and leave the other off? 
The bottom line is one uses Vista with 802 11N and the other XP with 802.11G.
When both are on and working fine they work sometimes for an hour or even several before a drop out occurs.  Please help!