• April 18, 2024, 11:05:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: NEED HELP  (Read 2713 times)

Buckmaster3624

• Level 1 Member
NEED HELP
« on: July 12, 2014, 08:34:31 AM »

Hello,,  I need someone's help, I travel for work and I bought the dcs-5020l so I can keep a eye on my house while gone.   I had it hooked up and working at the appt I have rented. I sent it home and my wife has been trying to get it going. It worked while it was plugged into the router, but when she would unhook it from the router it would not connect to wireless, so she decided to reset the camera. When she reset the camera it deleted the device from my account, now I need to know what I need to do to get the device back on my account and on my app on my phone. And Tj be able to get it to work on wifi

Thanks in advance for any help

Sparkydude

• Level 1 Member
Re: NEED HELP
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 06:28:40 PM »

You'll have to start over again like your just setting it up for the first time.
 You can use , same email, same password,  or choose new ones but ...

During set up select 'wireless' and hopefully your wireless router has a 'WPS' button.
 If you press and hold that button on the router (3-5 seconds) then press the 'WPS' button on the camera they should connect to each other.

Then when you want to access it from your phone, just log in with user and password.

Good Luck.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 06:20:01 AM »

You should also consider saving a Configuration Settings File on a local PC so you can easily restore the camera if you ever need to perform a factory reset.  Please look for the following thread "DCS Network Cameras - Configuration Settings File" located in this post: Network Cameras - Important Posts & Information
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Buckmaster3624

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 08:46:10 AM »

Ok... I'll try that.  Thanks for the help