• April 15, 2024, 11:15:13 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problem when streaming music with the "play to" feature in Windows 7  (Read 3052 times)

Jonas A

• Level 1 Member

Hi,

I have problems to use the new feature “play to” in Windows 7 with DIR-655 in wireless mode

Environment:
The router is connected to our ADLS modem and an additional 8-port switch. I have a home server connected directly to the router by wire. We also have one media center extender and a media center connected to the switch by wire. Besides this we have 2-3 laptops that connect to the wireless network every day, utilizing VPN to our office. We also have 4 Soundbridges 1001 from Rokulabs which we use to stream music from the home server (wireless).

The problem:
Recently we upgraded all our clients to Windows 7 and found the new great feature to push streaming music from the client to devices, named “Play to” in Windows 7. In the Rokulabs forum and other internet sites I could read that this worked flawless for other users. I tried to use the “play to” service on 2-3 different clients to stream music to  my Soundbridges. All Windows 7 clients gave the same error message “Unable to connect” after some kind of initial contact. All other Internet/Network communications works with my laptops/computers and Soundbridges (like UPnP) – it is only the “play to” feature that does not work over the wireless link.

Troubleshooting:
When I pushed music to another Windows 7 client it worked perfectly. Now, I thought that the problem was isolated to the Soundbridge. Then I tried to wire (RJ45) one of the soundbridges and surprisingly it worked fine to stream music from my Windows 7 client to the Soundbridge. Hmm..Then I powered up an old Netgear Wireless Router, WPNT834 Rangemax 240, to check if a Windows 7 client and a Soundbridge could connect properly in another wireless environment. This time it worked perfectly ! Now I think I have isolated the problem to the wirless client in the DIR-655 Router. I have not done any modifications in the router besides enabling WEP 64 bit and changed the SSID name.
Any ideas how to solve this? Which settings should I use in the Router to overcome this problem? Why does it work with the Netgear Router and not with the DIR-655 Router?

BR
Jonas

Firmware Version: 1.21EU A2
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 12:17:18 PM by Jonas A »

grizzlor

• Level 1 Member
Re: Problem when streaming music with the "play to" feature in Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 06:45:13 AM »

I have the same Problem. I have one Soundbridge m1001 wireless connected to my dir-655. Everything works fine except the "play to" feature. Im using Windows7 64bit.

Do you fond a solution?