• March 28, 2024, 07:13:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-655 Tech non-support  (Read 1929 times)

frustrated23

• Level 1 Member
DIR-655 Tech non-support
« on: November 05, 2010, 09:24:36 AM »

Setup disk was useless.  Spent 3.5 hours with two different techs and 3 hours with ATT trying to get modem and router to work together. Techs would not allow me to talk to senior tech or to anyone in US. First tech seemed to be poorly trained.  Second one finally got me going.  Now I'm afraid to turn off router and modem for fear they won't work right again---there have been posts that indicate you have to reset router after modem is disconnected.  Reading DIR-655 posts makes me believe it's not a very good product.  Should have read them before buying.  Would not recommend dlink to anybody.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
Re: DIR-655 Tech non-support
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 02:00:59 PM »

You could take some virtual courses in basic networking before you start. Seriously, 9/10 times all works out of the box. But if there is a need to configure a network you really need knowledge to get that done. Just comapre it with driving a car; anyone can do that, but fixing or tuning it is a totally different matter.

You do not need a reset by definition after a disconnect. That depends merely on the modem used.

You should also be aware that a forum like this exists practically only of issues and does not represent the avarage opinion about the product. You will notice that every brand has a forum in which people present their issues.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 02:02:58 PM by EddieZ »
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33