• April 25, 2024, 12:44:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Email Notifications were working, now status is "Can not send e-mail."  (Read 2576 times)

tsylve

• Level 1 Member

Just got this camera today and had the email working fine. Changed the motion detection setting and then back again and now the test status is "can not send e-mail." I can't seem to find a reason for this. My settings are:

smtp.gmail.com
myaddress@gmail.com
myaddress@gmail.com
myaddress
password
STARTTLS

Any ideas?

Thanks!

tsylve

• Level 1 Member
Re: Email Notifications were working, now status is "Can not send e-mail."
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 08:46:36 AM »

Okay, I think I figured out why I'm getting this message. Apparently, too many messages were sent to the Gmail account and gmail temporarily suspended my ability to get them, thinking it is spam(for 24 hours).

So, my follow up question would be, how do all the Gmail users prevent this from happening? Is there a better account to use?

We have it pointing at my sliding glass doors. The sensitivity is now set at 10% so that a breeze ruffling the leaves of my plants doesn't set it off (read: 117 emails in 5 minutes!), but we do use the door somewhat - I'd guess we use the back door 6-10 times a day on the weekend and about 3-5 times on a weekday.

Would putting the camera on a timer so it is only on at night work?

Thanks!