• April 27, 2024, 03:22:02 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: PS3 giving "Folder has been deleted" error when trying to connect to UPnP server  (Read 1998 times)

LeeC2202

• Level 2 Member

I have just set up my PS3, and am trying to get access to some of the videos I store on my NAS. I enabled the "UPnP AV Server", and I added the two folders I want access to in the Multimedia Share Settings (as seen in the image below). When I try and view those folders on the PS3 though, it says "This folder might have been deleted from the server etc...".

Am I missing something really obvious in the NAS side configuration? I haven't shared the whole of Volume_1, because I don't need the whole lot adding. My other devices access the files through network shares, but the PS3 can't do that.

LeeC2202

• Level 2 Member

Ok, this is really weird now, because even my Windows PCs won't access the files. I get the error: "The remote media library did not allow the connection. Please contact the device manufacturer for more information", when I try to connect from Windows Media Player.

This used to work, before I had to do firmware upgrades, factory resets, swapping for a different device etc... which makes me wonder if something has changed in a more recent firmware, that has broken this function.