• March 28, 2024, 03:16:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Torrent add-on for 1.08 F/W not working  (Read 16466 times)

erv2

• Level 1 Member
Re: Torrent add-on for 1.08 F/W not working
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 01:21:46 AM »

IE wont solve the problem, same as firefox.

Egoist

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 03:30:11 AM »

It's clearly a NAS issue, not related to your browser.  That's like saying your nosebleed is because of your ankle.

Buhric

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 05:59:39 AM »

Did anyone tried this:

Uninstall / Remove BT application from DNS-323
Reset to defaults using the reset button on the back of the DNS-323 (hold it for 30 sec)
Reconfigure DNS-323 manually.... DON'T RELOAD SETTING FROM PREVIOUSLY SAVED FILE
Install BT client
Test..

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2010, 06:37:39 AM »

hmmm... not working like this, this is a screenshot from Chrome, if i use Firefox, i can get into the screen, but nothing works, the setting page is empty.
That's the exact interface issue, you normally have to restart the NAS to get it back.  It didn't happen every time to me, but enough to be really annoying. :)
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

coxwain

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 09:02:29 PM »

I cannot get my torrent screen to display active and completed torrents, it simply shows the header screen without anything in the description.

Anyway how to get this back.  I have tried doing the powerdown  and restart etc with no luck

BTW this product should do what it is advertised and I dont think it is unreasonable for anyone of use to ask for anything else than that.
DNS-323  2x1.5TB Seagate Drives Separate Volumes
Volume1
Volume2
Playstation 3 80gb
Various computers and hardware, Win xp, Win 7,
1.07 firmware

gunrunnerjohn

• Level 11 Member
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 05:26:18 AM »

Well, I agree that it should work better than that. :)
Microsoft MVP - Windows Desktop Experience
Remember: Data you don't have two copies of is data you don't care about!
PS: RAID of any level is NOT a second copy.

arf1410

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 01:18:04 PM »

I too am hoping to get the Torrent to work, like uTorrent on my PC.  Shouldn't the speed be about the same?  Isn't the speed a function of your internet speed, and other external factors?  What would case the torrent speed on the Dlink to be slower than when running on your PC?

lozinthevilla

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2010, 03:16:48 AM »

I cannot get my torrent screen to display active and completed torrents, it simply shows the header screen without anything in the description.

Anyway how to get this back.  I have tried doing the powerdown  and restart etc with no luck

BTW this product should do what it is advertised and I don't think it is unreasonable for anyone of use to ask for anything else than that.

Hi

I had these problems a few times running under version 1.07 f/w. I used to clear down the incomplete and torrent directories in BT folder and restart th unit.

On some occasions when even this did not work - I used to reflash the firmware and that used to cure it.

hope this helps.

I'm running two units with 1.08 f/w at the moment and am not experiencing any problems - other than a long standing one of a folder I cannot delete but that first started with f/w 1.06.

woutersa

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 12:45:49 PM »

Does anyone know if there are other torrentpackages available besides the DLink one? What I really miss in the Dlink torrent client is a scheduler. I want my NAS to down- and uploads during the night. This doesn't seem to be possible...

laskey

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 12:07:03 AM »

I had the exact same problem.  I noticed that it would function when I was downloading the same bittorrent on my computer.  It appears to be getting data by my computer's bittorrent uping to it.  It felt like a net problem so, I set the DNS-323's IP address to DMZ on my router, and it started working again.  The DNS-323's app only mentions one port on the router, but my guess is that it's trying to use a port or range of ports we don't realize needs opening.  I think D-link needs to give us more info about what's going on with this app.  I can't leave my box DMZ'ed on a permanent basis.  That would be crazy! 

Note: I don't run my router in UPnP mode.

Regards,
Chris

doggo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 11:47:46 AM »

I've noticed after trying the dlink BT app extensively with many torrents that after about a dozen or so and/or 30 GB aggregate downloads that I am no longer able to log into the app side of the login page to check on the torrent status in the Dlink BT app. Only rebooting the 323 corrects the problem. The BT app is still running however; I just cant log into the 'apps' side of the Dlink login. 'Configuration' side still works normally, and I can start and stop the BT app from the advanced -addons screen in configuration.

This needs to be fixed, as only power reboot of the 323 corrects the problem, not a wanted feature of even a residential-only rated NAS.  Tried with both latest current versions of Firefox and IE.

Please you dlink dev guys in Slovakia...fix this as any problem requiring reboot to fix really takes away from the device useability ;)

« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 12:03:17 PM by doggo »

Buhric

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 02:39:23 PM »

I'm not sure why nobody has mentioned this yet... but I'm running transmission on my 323 and it works FLAWLESSLY.

Guessing that you need to Funplug you DNS-323 to make Transmission work.... right ?

laskey

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 08:58:55 PM »

The thing is switching to transmission doesn't help the Dlink guys fix the problem with their app.  Except, I guess, realizing that some kind of bittorrent is a desired feature in the product.  ::)
Pages: 1 [2]