• March 28, 2024, 05:27:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 2.24 Firmware no logs  (Read 4629 times)

zero1graphix

2.24 Firmware no logs
« on: December 27, 2007, 03:46:17 PM »

I've upgraded to 2.24 and I can't view logs on the web interface. I can save the log to view it that way, but not under the administration web. Any one know a fix?

Klom Dark

Re: 2.24 Firmware no logs
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 01:22:06 PM »

I can only see the logs myself using IE7. Firefox and IE6 only show the buttons under Log Details, but no actual log info shown.

censoreda

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 03:24:15 AM »

I am also suffering from the same issue (i.e. no log details appearing, but can save them instead) with the same version of firmware you are using.  I'm using Firefox as well.  I have this issue on my regular computer (i.e. linux with firefox), and didn't have an issue using another Windows XP box using IE7 connecting to the same router.

I have logged this case with tech support, but we've been doing a lot of emails back and forth, but I don't think there's any resolution on the horizon yet.   

Have you been able to resolve this issue yourself?  If so, what did you do?

And another thing I was wondering: are you using DHCP when connecting your computer to your router?   I'm currently not using DHCP, and I thought that might be the issue, which is why I ask...

UPDATE 2008/06/07:
It appears this is an issue moreso with Firefox than anything else.  In my case, the OS (either Windows XP or Linux) doesn't make any difference; if you're using Firefox 2.0.0.6 - 2.0.0.12, the logs will not appear.  Connection type (DHCP vs static IP) doesn't make any difference either.  Could still be related to the most recent firmware version (2.24), although I haven't investigated this myself.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 09:15:08 AM by censoreda »

censoreda

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 08:44:08 AM »

For anyone who may be interested in an update:

Updating to Firmware revision 2.25 appears to have fixed the "missing logs" issue.  I can now see my logs on the admin page no matter which OS or browser I'm using.

I hope this helps anyone who runs into the same problem.