• May 08, 2024, 09:20:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Password problems...help please!  (Read 1314 times)

winchesterstoke

• Level 2 Member
Password problems...help please!
« on: April 16, 2015, 03:18:22 PM »

I've been using my 320L for a while now - and it's been great.

Yesterday I decided to set it up as an FTP server to make transferring files more reliable. To do this I created my first account on the NAS (which it seemed to require to get FTP working?). I got FTP working just fine, but now all my devices can't connect to the NAS as they all connect as Guests. I've deleted the user account on the NAS but still all guest access is turned down.

As I have lots of devices setup to access the share on the NAS (probably about 15) I really don't want to go round setting up accounts on each of them. Now I've deleted all the accounts on the 320L why does it still require an account to access it?

Many thanks!

winchesterstoke

• Level 2 Member
Re: Password problems...help please!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 04:29:23 PM »

Just to add...

At the moment I'm just trying to get one device connecting to the 320L - so I tried creating a new account.

The account creates fine...until I have the screen where you need to select the access for the volumes. I get no volumes listed - whereas the volumes appear fine elsewhere in the GUI.  So when I complete creating the user - it doesn't look like it can access any of the volumes.

Ahhhh!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Password problems...help please!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 07:56:00 AM »

This may (or may not) help. . . but sometimes I have to reboot my ShareCenter after making account/share changes to get things working properly.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC