The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DNS-327L

DNS-327L Fan

<< < (2/5) > >>

jepz:

--- Quote from: ivan on April 14, 2016, 04:44:17 AM ---First, any SATA drive that gets above 50C is heading for trouble.

Does the fan turn on at all, try the 'On' setting.  It may be that the fan has a problem starting.  There are many things starting from dust to dry bearings that can prevent the fan running.

If the fan runs easily on the 'On' setting (instant start full speed etc.) then you may have to adjust settings.

--- End quote ---

Noticed, I´ve lost two hdds because high temperatures over the years in my DNS 320 and in my DNS 327L, temps were above 55ºC constantly.

Today I left the top open and with two 120mm fans blowing cold air in my DNS327L (since DNS320 is a piece of crap), also rump up the in built exhaust fan to 4200rpm, now temps stay around 34-38ºC.

Cheers

FurryNutz:
Thanks for posting.

Might be helpful to post pictures of your fan mod as well for future users to look at.

Enjoy.  ;)

jepz:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on November 16, 2016, 09:48:34 AM ---Thanks for posting.

Might be helpful to post pictures of your fan mod as well for future users to look at.

Enjoy.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Tks, it is a damn ugly "mod" , but it helps with the temps a lot, I really don't care for the appearance, I just don't wanna see my HDDs dying one after the other due to high temps.

FurryNutz:
Cool, Does this model DNS have air vents in the bottom?

jepz:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on November 16, 2016, 01:32:30 PM ---Cool, Does this model DNS have air vents in the bottom?

--- End quote ---

Yes, it does.  ;)

Also, many improvements were made since the old DNS 320, the rear fan is one of them, in dns320 it screams loud, in dns327l it is so quiet and efficient, can´t hear a thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version