• April 27, 2024, 03:12:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: (fixed)Dir-655 and Xbox 360 S Wireless Problems  (Read 4626 times)

blownngine

• Level 1 Member
(fixed)Dir-655 and Xbox 360 S Wireless Problems
« on: September 05, 2010, 11:38:27 PM »

Here is the problem I have. When I connect my 360 with wireless I cannot connect to computers on my network or access the internet if I have the transmission rate set to anything other than Best (Automatic). With it set at the "Best" setting I usually connect between 39-54 Mbps with about 80% signal strength. If I use MCS 15 I will connect at 150 Mbps with the same signal strength as using the "Best" setting just nothing works correctly. Xbox lives says its dns erros. Media Center Extender and Media Library give other errors.

My configuration currently.

Dir-655 Hardware revision A4 firmware 1.21 no securespot
802.11n only
Auto scan is on. - Has no change with just enabling a specific channel
Chanel Width 40 mhz - Have also tried 20 mhz and the auto setting.
Visible
WPA2 with AES cipher

Other settings I have tried to change to solve this problem are QoS Engine on and off. I have used the 1.34NA firmware with no change in this behaviour. I have also tried placing the 360 in a DMZ zone. I have tried running in 802.11g aswell. If I manually set that to 54 Mbps it will not connect either. With 802.11g it needs the "Best" for transmission rate as well. Wish is also active.

edit:

I went and purchased a linksys e2000 loaded up dd-wrt and set it up as a Repeater Bridge. Seems as tho maybe there was some interference causing the connection problems. All is well now running dir-655 as main router and e2000 as repeater bridge.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 01:53:27 PM by blownngine »

blownngine

• Level 1 Member
Re: Dir-655 and Xbox 360 S Wireless Problems
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 08:08:22 AM »

I have also tried using the settings in this thread http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=10435.0.

I do not understand why I cannot get anywhere close to "N" speeds with the transmission rate at automatic, and then I cannot connect if I use manual transmission speeds.