• April 26, 2024, 03:38:54 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: NFS kernel server please  (Read 2209 times)

f4exb

• Level 1 Member
NFS kernel server please
« on: February 16, 2010, 01:53:20 PM »

Hello,

I have tried hacking around but it seems I am stuck with the stock version of the firmware. I am afraid that the bootloader on the C1 version I have is much more restrictive regarding firmware upgrades than with the previous B1 and A1 versions.

The latest stock firmware (in fact since 1.08 beta something) has an NFS server but alas this is a user space NFS server that does not support file locking for instance. With that kind of NFS "support" I do not have much luck in having a remote home directory or even the mail repository of Mozilla Thunderbird on remote access.

For now the DNS 323 is not better for my usage than an USB external disk, it is just more expensive and as a matter of fact can only serve as an expensive door stop.

In my opinion this would set the difference between an average unit and a great unit.

I think this wouldn't be very difficult since kernel level NFS has been around for ages.

Best regards.