• April 19, 2024, 04:02:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DI/DO Port  (Read 21305 times)

7ravler

• Level 1 Member
DI/DO Port
« on: April 11, 2014, 08:36:27 PM »

What exactly can I do with the DI/Do port? I cannot find any info on how to use it and what to use it with. Can I hook up a external infrared spotlight that will activate when it detects motion or maybe an alarm that I can activate remotely? It has an unfamiliar type of socket/plug. Who sells devices that would work with this port?  Where can I find info on this ???

Popovice

• Level 2 Member
Re: DI/DO Port
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 08:09:07 AM »

The DI/DO port schematic is available in DCS-2132L user's manual (on page 77 in the version I have).

DO usage is very simple, you can connect e.g. relay to these output pins to drive isolated AC loads. You can use either the provided internal +5V supply for the relay or you can use an external supply between 3V and 12V for this purpose. Pls. notice that the maximum current drive from the DO pin is 100mA.

The DI functionality is rather similar. You can use e.g. a reed switch to activate this input pin (i.e. to pull it to logical high level) and use either the internal or external supply also in this case.

7ravler

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 06:02:29 PM »

Wow Popovice...you sound like you know what to use the DI/DO port for. Unfortunately I didn't understand a thing you said! :-[   Can I hook up an external IR light source that will activate with the motion detector? The IR emitter on the camera does a poor job of lighting the area I need to see. I will look in my manual to see if I can figure it out but I have no knowledge of electrical schematics. Thanks for your help. ;D

Popovice

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 11:05:12 PM »

Wow Popovice...you sound like you know what to use the DI/DO port for.

Well, maybe it's because I used to be an electrical engineer in my previous life  ;)

I think that if you are not familiar with electrical schematics you should contact someone that is. Playing especially with high voltage mains AC supplies could be very dangerous if you don't know what you are doing and there is also a risk of causing damage to the camera itself. Very much depends on what kind of IR emitter you are planning to use. Since I have personally no experience of external IR emitters I cannot say whether those are typically AC or DC powered or what kind of control signals they support. But maybe someone else on this forum can help you...

7ravler

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 08:42:42 PM »

So...pretty much, its not a practical feature for the average user.  :-\

Ezechias

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 12:06:22 PM »

I own a DCS-5222L camera and I do use the D/O ports. My practical use is to open my garage door. Here is what you need to understand. There are four pins and the ones marked I- and I+, is actually the input ports to connect an external IR sensor. I.e. The external sensor can detect motion and the camera starts recording.

The O- and O+ means Output and it is like a small switch for low voltage equipment. You could light up a small 12v lamp for example. Now, for the garage switch. When you press your garage normal switch, it actually sends a small current to your main garage unit, telling it to open or close. You can connect a cable in parallel to the existing garage switch into the two pins O- and O+. Then in your Dlink mobile app or DLink Camera portal, you just select "trigger I/O port". The o- and o+ just short, and that send a command to open or close the garage door.

Take note that standard garage door switch work on a toggle mode and you would actually need a 3rd party app to PULSE the signal. If you maintain the connection, your door will start to open and stop.

walkjp1

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 05:54:05 PM »

How about if I just wanted to hook up a better speaker to these ports? Is it difficult, does anyone make one ready to plug in?

Ezechias

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 11:58:31 AM »

How about if I just wanted to hook up a better speaker to these ports? Is it difficult, does anyone make one ready to plug in?

There is already a 3.5mm audio output jack that is present, for you to connect an external speakers. The DI/DO ports cannot be use for speakers.