• April 22, 2024, 11:03:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: ONVIF support?  (Read 8102 times)

aagaag

• Level 1 Member
ONVIF support?
« on: August 06, 2020, 01:17:50 PM »

This cam is supposed to have ONVIF support. I tried to get it to work with Netcam Studio, but I couldn't get it to work. Specifically, the software could not retrieve any ONVIF profiles from the camera. Did anybody get it to work with ANY kind of ONVIF software? Also, even with the MyDlink android app, I was unable to get motion-activated recording to work.

SmartCookie

• Level 1 Member
Re: ONVIF support?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 05:34:24 AM »

I can't help with ONVIF as I've never used it. In terms of recording on motion I found it in the app under the automation section, so you have to set up an automation rule that when there is motion, record. The app isn't very user friendly so it takes time to get used to it.

aagaag

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 03:07:07 AM »

thank you very much. Thanks to your instructions, I finally managed to activate the motion trigger!

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 04:04:39 PM »

If you would like to use VMS or NVR software or D-Viewcam, the username is admin and password is the pincode that's on the device.

shadango

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 02:48:21 PM »

Is there any way to set this camera up so it will record 24-7?

Whether via the SD card , my PC or via a standalone recorder?

How can i get a copy of the "D'View" software for PC??

The old DLINK camera I have does and the way they advertised this one this one did as well....

I was pretty unhappy with DLINK with the last camera --- hours spent to figure out issues only to find there was no fix...

Figured 4 years or so they would have their stuff together....Did I just waste another $200 (camera plus the 256 gb sd card!)???

cvjanick

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 01:04:17 PM »

For ONVIF support the query should find the IP of your camera after broadcast. After that you will need to enter admin for the username and the pin-code from the sticker on the back of the user manual for the password. I was trying myDLink username and password forever and that did not work. You must use admin/PIN for the second step of ONVIF discovery so it will find the profiles.

Also it  is important to take a picture of that information if you have to factory reset the camera and add it back in again. Write the PIN code down somewhere and keep it handy also Once ONVIF finds the profiles it should return either the first or both RTSP profiles for access to the feed. The PIN code is required for the RTSP link for live camera feeds to non D-Link software. here is the format:

rtsp://admin:{pin-code}@{IP_ADDRESS}:554/live/profile.0 
where the pin code is the number on the sticker for the user manual (leave out the parenthesis) and the IP (IPV4)  address is the address of your camera.

Another example with the PIN and IP_Address filled in would be:

rtsp://admin:196123@192.168.1.105:554/live/profile.0 

You can also change the profile.0 to profile.1 I believe for the lower resolution stream if you are editing the RTSP information manally

This works for monitoring on the latest versions of ZoneMinder and Blue Iris. I'm not sure about any event passing or controls at this point as I haven't gotten that far.

Feed type: ffmpeg
RTSP over TCP
Resolution 1920x1080 for profile.0

« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 01:09:03 PM by cvjanick »