• March 28, 2024, 03:34:30 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 64-Bit Driver support  (Read 34807 times)

dencur

• Level 1 Member
64-Bit Driver support
« on: June 25, 2009, 01:19:36 PM »

I have been happily using the DPH-50U for nearly 6 months.  ;D

Recently I've upgraded my PC to a 64-bit operating system (Windows 7 64-bit).  I realize there are no current drivers that support a 64-bit operating system. 

I love this product, and I hate to see it die out simply because there isn't driver support for 64-bit os'es.  Is there any way we could possibly get a 64-bit rev of this driver, so us XP 64, Vista 64 and Windows 7 64 bit users can share in the usefulness of this product.  I haven't really found another solution that works as well as this one did for my needs.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you so much.

Best Regards.

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
Re: 64-Bit Driver support
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 09:40:47 AM »

Sorry, there are no drivers for 64 bits OS. Infact, there will be no drivers for the DPH-50U.

aliencranium

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 06:16:50 PM »

I have the same issue with 64 bit vista... can't you just whip up a driver over the weekend???  or maybe give us the source code for the 32 bit version so we can tweak it?

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 12:21:07 PM »

I will love to post them if they were available, but as you know it is with a reason that we will not have 64bit OS drivers for the DPH-50U. I understand the need given the current rapid changing technology, but it is simply not possible to have this drivers given the current state of the device.

rtk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 06:49:19 PM »

If you are not planning on or unable to release a 64bit driver for the DPH-50U, will there be a new model which is compatible with Windows 7 (64bit)?     Given the popularity of the device, it seems odd to just abandon sales...

Mlachake

• Poweruser
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 03:15:01 PM »

D-Link will not abandon supporting the device albeit in the current state. I have no word yet if there any plans for a new product. You will be the first to know through this forum if there is any new device in the pipeline.

amr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 12:41:35 PM »

DPH-50U works great in a 32bit VM on a 64bit host.

rtk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 11:17:26 PM »

DPH-50U works great in a 32bit VM on a 64bit host.

Please elaborate?

Whingnut

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 12:53:55 PM »

Please elaborate?

For the 'free' solution, which I am currently using in Windows 7, 64-bit, is to download Windows virtual PC and then, install a 32-bit OS (XP, Vista, or Win7) within Virtual PC. You can then start the virtual OS, install the dph-50u drivers, and connect the device. You'll have to use the 'attach' option for the virtual OS to see it on the USB port. I then installed Skype on the virtual OS and it's business as usual. On a side note, XP mode in Windows 7 Pro only works for applications, not devices that are physically connected to the PC. If you already have a copy of a 32-bit OS laying around, save a few bucks and buy Home Premium and just download Windows Virtual PC for free and install your OS. If not, go with Win 7 Pro and get the free Win XP 32-bit virtual machine. Hope this helps.

Twix

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 09:32:07 AM »

Any news on the 64bit driver?

Lots of people are installing Windows 7 64bit (RAM is not expensive anymore), but there is no 64bit driver yet?

Is it coming at least in a beta stage, or anything, any news what so ever?

jdawg

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2009, 10:17:39 PM »

I almost bought a DCS-1100 until I learned today that there is no 64bit support.  When will D-link wake up to the fact that there is a large shift to 64bit OS by the consumer?  VHD workaround is not the right answer.  D-link isn't going to sell products unless it supports mainstream/consumer systems.

claypole

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 05:02:00 AM »

The attitude towards this device is bizarre  ???

It is a great device that addresses the need perfectly yet D-LINK refuse to properly support it? The current driver is flaky in Vista (drops to "noise" randomly in the middle of a call and you have to reboot to fix it! randomly uninstalls itself when you plug in the device) and now I have switched to Windows 7 64-bit it seems my problems may only have just begun.

I originally found a third-party driver for another device which also worked with the DPH-50U (assume they are the same inside), though I do not think it had 64-bit support either. I will see if I can find it. Does anyone here know where it is?

D-LINK, could you please listen to your customers and put some time into creating a stable 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 compatible driver?  Just making the the product EOL is a very unfair way to treat this product as there appears to be no planned replacement and there are a lot of people out there using this who need your support. If the current driver was stable I would understand, but there should be a minimum level of service i.e. a working W7 32/64-bit driver before driver development is frozen, surely?

claypole

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 05:14:16 AM »

"The D-Link DPH-50U, U.S. Robotics USR9620 USB Adapter and AU-600 Skype Gateway are all based on the same Voxelle chipset/software, and, from my experience, the drivers for each are interchangable. There are some differences in features, for example the drivers that come with the DPH-50 and USR9620 do not offer call recording, while the AU-600 driver does." source: http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=64248&view=findpost&p=1408601

This may help some people here, I will report back if I find a solution...