• April 18, 2024, 07:03:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New Beta posted!!  (Read 26779 times)

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
New Beta posted!!
« on: September 09, 2011, 11:40:15 AM »

I posted new beta code today any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

skrap

• Level 1 Member
Re: New Beta posted!!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 06:04:56 PM »

Looks good to me.  Time machine backup underway, so far so good.  50 days of new data might take overnight, but it can access the AFP share, which is very encouraging.

Also: thanks for fixing the mDNS name to not append "-1" to the end of it.  An aesthetic change only, but it's really nice to have fixed.

Vanyo

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 04:34:25 AM »

Thanks, testing in progress :)
Any ideas regarding the low-speed issue?

movisman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 09:46:30 AM »

Hi guys,

This new firmware has definitely improved things for me!

For one, it now appears the two main bugs I experienced in my old post here:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=38598.0

Appear to be fixed on first glance. I will investigate some more to absolutely confirm, but my PS3 is now displaying the files/folders in alphabetical order, and when P2P is enabled the fan is going off after a period of inactivity.

However I have noticed an annoying bug in this release (this was perhaps in the last release as well, can't remember) relating to P2P. It could be the same as what this post is explaining (http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=40419.0), i'll try to explain in full what I see though:

When you "enable" P2P it by creates a folder called P2P in the root folder of Volume_1 to store the files. However for some reason this folder appears to ONLY be accessible via the Web File Server or the NAS itself. I just do not see it in Windows Explorer when viewing the contents of Volume_1 in Windows.

I have checked the permissions etc, etc, and all is ok. If you rename the P2P folder in the Web File Server it suddenly appears in Windows Explorer. Weird. Also if you try to manually create a 'P2P' folder in Windows Explorer it doesn't let you, but you can create any other folders.

Does anyone else get this? It's quite annoying, but I just can't fathom it out.

One other question:

Does anyone know the interval time the NAS uses when scanning for new media files on the uPnP AV server? I added an album into my music collection earlier this afternoon, and on my PS3 it is displaying only 2 of the 11 files. Perhaps another bug, or do I need to wait for it to rescan? I'm not doing another manual one (this will probably make them show up) as this takes hours!! It should do it itself eventually?

Cheers
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 09:48:02 AM by movisman »

skrap

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 08:54:54 PM »

Still only good things to say about this beta!  Time machine backups working great.

maks

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 11:27:21 PM »

Also as posted in the other forums, the new beta does not allow downgrading back to older firmware.
Could someone please let us know if there is a way to revert back to the older stable firmware.

thanks.

ckarvonen

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 08:26:24 AM »

Do you have an ETA for the official release of this firmware on hand already? Or is this something you do not disclose at D-link?

Looking forward to all these fixes being implemented into a 'stable' firmware some time soon.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 09:01:01 AM »

Do you have an ETA for the official release of this firmware on hand already? Or is this something you do not disclose at D-link?

Looking forward to all these fixes being implemented into a 'stable' firmware some time soon.

From my experience on these boards, D-Link does not typically provide advanced disclosure of beta or public firmware releases.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 12:17:09 PM »

What are you finding in this firmware implying that it is not stable?
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

JuLx64

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 07:05:28 AM »

There seems to be a bug with the latest beta firmware, although I don't know if it was present or not in previous versions : Power Recovery doesn't work. Eventhough the option has been unable, the device doesn't restart after a power failure.

It would be nice if this issue was fixed...

egarcia

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 07:10:34 AM »

The 2.02 beta firmware is removed on the FTP site. Any time frame for the release of it again ?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 03:51:39 AM »

The 2.02 beta firmware is removed on the FTP site. Any time frame for the release of it again ?

D-Link has not released any statement indicating the time frame for the next firmware release (or re-release).

buhli

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 01:20:46 AM »

Hello everybody,
just got my DNS 320 today as my old external HDD I used for TimeMachine Backups died the other day. I read trough the treads concerning the problems with Lion and I am experiencing the same problem of course. My question now is, as the 2.02b1 has been pulled again, will dlink release a new beta version with functioning TimeMachine support as soon as possible (becausse these things are still advertised and sold with TimeMachine support!  :-\ )  or are they working on a bigger beta/release?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 03:58:31 AM »

. . .My question now is, as the 2.02b1 has been pulled again, will dlink release a new beta version with functioning TimeMachine support as soon as possible (becausse these things are still advertised and sold with TimeMachine support!  :-\ )  or are they working on a bigger beta/release?

D-Link has not released any statement indicating the time frame for the next firmware release (or re-release). That said, I'm sure D-Link is hard at work resolving the issues that caused the retraction of the last firmware.

buhli

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 07:12:19 AM »

D-Link has not released any statement indicating the time frame for the next firmware release (or re-release). That said, I'm sure D-Link is hard at work resolving the issues that caused the retraction of the last firmware.

Tanks for the quick response. I see that D-Link will not post release timelines/dates for obvious reasons, but it is quite frustrating that three months after the release of Lion there is still no fix although the problem has been discovered as early as April.
Pages: [1] 2