• April 19, 2024, 06:47:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: D-ViewCam- Network Service- Live Streaming- Mobile Client Issue  (Read 28920 times)

chamberc1

• Level 1 Member

I'm really at wits end trying to figure this out.  I've spent several hours reading FAQ's and troubleshooting this.  The network in question, has multiple devices that I have ports forwarded and I am able to remotely access, all correctly both via DNS hostnames and the External IP address + applicable ports.  I've purchased several DCS-2332L cameras, but for the purposes of this setup, I've only installed one.

The computer in question has applications such as CoreTemp from which I can remotely connect via mobile devices, and in fact, I can access the LiveStreaming web interface on it as you'll read below.

D-ViewCam Version: 3.4.0
Camera: DCS-2332L firmware 1.00

1) I am able to access the web interface of the camera from within my network.

2) D-ViewCam is able to connect to the camera and record video from a Windows 8 computer at IP address 172.18.222.100.

3) Asus Router AC-66U has ports 5150, 5160, and port 80 forwarded to the matching ports (5150, 5160, 80) on the computer at IP address 172.18.222.100.

4) I can connect to Live Streaming webpage interface via a webpage from any mobile device or a computer either inside or outside the network.  This working, more than anything, helps me know I can access the D-ViewCam software on the computer at 172.18.222.100 from any internal or external network.

5) Using the D-ViewCam Android mobile software I get a "Can't Connect to Server" error when trying to connect to the external IP address that is forwarded to the computer at 172.18.222.100 (even though if, on the same device, you access it from a web browser, you get the Live Streaming web interface).

6) For testing, I've moved the computer at 172.18.222.100 to the DMZ and uninstalled Norton firewall, and turned Windows Firewall off.  The results are the same, in that I can access D-ViewCam's Network Service for live streaming from a web browser, but not from the android client (have tried 4 Android devices, 2 tablets, 2 phones).

7) The LiveServer.log SHOWS the connections that result the error as the following:

[2013/06/06 12:33:02]  User Login: admin Accept
[2013/06/06 12:33:03]  User Logout: admin

I really can't figure what is going on.  It's as if a connection to 5150 & 5160 can't be established, even though they're forwarded in the router, but yet the Network Service in D-ViewCam is seeing the connections.

I've tried just about everything in D-ViewCam and the camera itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

domelsnake

• Level 1 Member
Re: D-ViewCam- Network Service- Live Streaming- Mobile Client Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 11:46:50 AM »

Hi there,

I'm trying to link my DCS-7110 camera with Iphone 5 but no luck either.

Internally I can connect successfully to the server which is my PC with D-ViewCam 3.3 installed but no image is present.

[2013/06/12 19:44:19]  User Login: admin Accept
[2013/06/12 19:44:20]  PTZGETPRESET: admin

domelsnake

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 01:53:55 AM »

Just installed version 3.4 and the app on my Iphone can not even connect to my PC so it looks like there is something odd going on.

Will be coming back to 3.3 to tested further.

domelsnake

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 04:29:22 AM »

I have managed to connect to version 3.3 successfully but to get image from my camera displayed I had to go to the playback mode where I have received message about wrong credentials but eventually the real time streaming is working now

dianic

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 04:07:56 PM »

Your fundamental mistake which took me days to figure out is that the mobile app is only compatible with the business and professional versions of the software which are in the 1.2 version. The 3.3 or 3.4 you are using is the free version. This is NOT compatible if you check the compatibility table of the mobile app.

No workaround.

Waiting to find out license cost.

The post about getting it to play after going to playback mode is correct. But only works for one cam at a time.

We will have to look for another software I fear. Dlink is really missing the mark here. I am surprised.

chamberc

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 06:14:52 PM »

I wonder why D-ViewCAM has a streaming server built-in if not for the mobile.  I guess some people might use a browser, but it's limited since it's all ActiveX based...