• March 28, 2024, 01:35:43 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: VOIP connection problems  (Read 9643 times)

uniuk2000

• Level 1 Member
VOIP connection problems
« on: May 31, 2009, 05:40:22 AM »

Hi. I've recently changed my router from a DIR-655 to the DIR-825 (because it blew up). Basically, the story is this - I use sipgate as my incoming phone number provider and, although my ata device tells me I'm connected, incoming callers are told I'm offline, checking website confirms this. I've tried forwarding the correct ports (the same as I did with the dir655 (no problems at all with that one) and even put the ata (spa3000) in the routers dmz.
If I reboot the ata then I can receive incoming calls, for a short time, before going 'offline' again. Any suggestions please? I'm beginning to regret not buying another dir655. As my area is heavily congested with 2.4 ghz wireless I was looking forward to using 5ghz as there are no other 5ghz users in range.

Sabertooth

• Level 1 Member
Re: VOIP connection problems
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 05:29:33 PM »

Greetings!

In some cases, you may have better results setting ports up in the Virtual Server section.

There are currently two hardware revisions A1 and B1 and A1 has four firmware revisions, 1.00, 1.01, 1.10b, and 1.11. More specific information about what you have may get a better response from other users.

Sabertooth

uniuk2000

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 05:41:08 AM »

Thanks sabertooth, the router version I have is the B1 with V2.00 EU firmware if that helps anyone..

mattmurdock

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 02:14:01 PM »

Same problem here. I have replaced my Linksys WRT54G with a DIR-825 B1 2.01EU and it refuses to play nicely with my SIP softphone. Everything worked with the Linksys router but I decided to upgrade to a more modern and intelligent router.

With SIP ALG enabled SIP registration works and the softphone rings when calling from the outside, but once the receiver is picked up nothing happens and I get a timeout - no voice/RTP at all. When dialing out the softphone just sits there until I get another timeout - no ringing on the remote phone.

So far I've tried the following in vain  :'(:
  • Put the computer with the softphone in the DMZ
  • Deactivate UPnP and set up port forwarding according to SIP operator (AND previously working computer firewall rules)
  • Deactivate SPI
  • Combinations of the above

Anybody got this working?

uniuk2000

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 12:17:20 PM »

Mine only refused to work correctly with the provider Sipgate. I've since gone with an account with DrayTel and that is working faultlessly - strange, even Sipgate techs couldn't help..

mattmurdock

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 02:36:28 PM »

I'm still leaning towards a router firmware problem.
So far I've ruled out everything on my LAN, connecting the router directly to my ISP's socket in my apartment.
Together with D-Link support and after reading various posts in this forum the following has been done to the DIR-825 configuration and the problem still remains. And yes, everything works nicely when DIR-825 is out of the equation:
  • Deactivated DNS Relay
  • Removed all Virtual Server settings
  • Removed all Port Forward settings
  • Deactivated Traffic Shaping
  • Deactivated QoS Engine
  • Set UDP and TCP Endpoint Filtering to "Endpoint Independent"
  • Put my softphone host in the DMZ
  • Deactivated all ALG settings (No PPTP, IPSec, RTSP or SIP)
  • Disabled SPI
My computer should be very naked and exposed to the WAN after this but DIR-825 manages to interfere with my SIP traffic anyway. If D-Link support fails to come up with a solution this week I will return the router and look elsewhere.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 06:04:50 AM by mattmurdock »

uniuk2000

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 10:23:06 AM »

It's deff a router problem, as I said, running my SPA3000 with any other sip provider than Sipgate gives me no problems at all (and sipgate worked for years through my DIR 655 before it blew up). Never have used a softphone so can't comment on them.

mattmurdock

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 02:45:47 AM »

D-Link support went silent and I have returned the router.
Good old WRT54G is back and will have to wait a bit longer before it gets a well deserved retirement.  ;)

jsmithwick

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 09:15:49 PM »

Same exact problem-DIR 825 and Bria softphone and have tried all the 'tricks'...phone takes 30+ secs to register and times out try to make out bound calls.....works fine with an old linksys and an old westel 327w.......time to return!!

reteip

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2009, 10:58:46 AM »

I had to change my old Linksys router because it was broken, and i bought a D-Link DIR-825.
Unfortunately i've got the same problem with my DIR-825. I've got Hardware Version: B1 with Firmware Version: 2.01EU.

I try to setup my PAP2T from Linksys and a Asterisk Server behind the router. The SIP clients are registering, and when i call the phone rings. But when i pick up i hear nothing, and the caller still hears a dialing tone.

This is due to RTP Ports that are from 10232 to 10486. I've tried to open then in Port Forwarding (Tried TCP and UDP) but with no luck.

Even my SSH server could not be configured in Port Forwarding. I had to setup a Virtual Server to access my SSH server from outside. After a lot of testing i concluded that the DIR-825 port forwarding functionality doesn't function.

I've posted my findings on some big tech sites and it seems there are more problems with this router. My SIP numbers are verry important for my business. I cannot use this offline time at all.

EDIT: After some more testing i found out that the RTP streams asterisk and my PAP2T use are not working on the DIR-825. Does the DIR-825 has Real-Time Transport Protocol support?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 12:52:48 PM by reteip »

lmu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 08:00:31 AM »

Hello all,

I just bought this router and I have exactly the same problem. Just disappointed to discover that for several months no new firmware is released.

I want a router compatible with Asterisk, perhaps someone can advise me? Do you know if the other models from D-Link have the same problem?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Regards,
Laurent

lmu

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 04:46:17 AM »

Finally solved by installing of it : http://www.ulozto.cz/3562313/dir825b1-fw201eub16beta01-0713140201-.zip

Regards,
Laurent