• April 16, 2024, 02:02:22 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Missing Volume_1  (Read 11506 times)

df78

• Level 2 Member
Re: Missing Volume_1
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 05:16:23 AM »

as expected, some files have data integrity issues. i am using paragon extfs windows viewer. will that be the reason?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 06:49:07 AM »

I would think that corrupt files are a symptom, but not the root cause. If the volume itself has some level of corruption (at the filesystem level), then it's very possible that the DNS-343 may not recognize the HDD as valid. It follows that if the volume itself has some level of corruption that files on the volume may also be corrupt.

Rather than recovering the data on this volume, do you have a backup to restore from?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 10:19:27 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

df78

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 02:43:59 AM »

have a very old backup two months back.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2013, 03:54:56 PM »

Since it appears there is some bad data on the HDD, the only recourse I can see is recovering the files you know to have changed since your last backup, performing a fresh format of the HDD, and copying your data over. You may also want to schedule a recurring backup from your master data to your backup.

Do you have only one HDD installed in the DNS-343? You may want to consider adding another HDD and scheduling a recurring backup between your source HDD and the second HDD for a local backup. You can also schedule or perform less frequent backups to a third party device for an additional layer of security.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC
Pages: 1 [2]