• April 25, 2024, 10:10:25 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DI-524 troubleshooting  (Read 6509 times)

jwri1321

• Level 1 Member
DI-524 troubleshooting
« on: May 31, 2009, 12:07:30 PM »

i know this is not the correct forum topic, but I could not find where else I should put it. I have a DI-524 wireless router and it worked correctly for quite a while. Suddenly, however, every time I wish to use the internet, I have to unplug/plug-in the router. With all of my computers, each time i have not used them after they are asleep/off, I have to reset the router for internet use. I can connect to the network fine, and the signal strength is excellent. Also, my internet works fine if i plus the modem directly into my computer.

This was not much of a problem until i just purchased a new windows vista compaq notebook(my other computers are apple desktops). I can connect to the network fine, as on the other computers, and when I plug the router directly into the computer the internet works, but i cannot use the internet wirelessly. I am considering just buying a new router.

nsontag

• Level 1 Member
Re: DI-524 troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 07:50:43 AM »

I'm having the exact same router and the same problem. Moreover, I have noticed that the router will actually lose internet connectivity randomly while I'm using the internet. Unplugging and re-plugging the router seems to work consistently, but it sure does get annoying.

our cable company sent a technician out to look at the problem, and he said he had the same router and the same issue. He eventually just ended up replacing the router. I sure wish somone a D-link would address this issue (hint hint)