• April 19, 2024, 02:00:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Rough Timeline?  (Read 45720 times)

mbmkevin

• Level 1 Member
Re: Rough Timeline?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2011, 06:19:13 PM »

Since 1.04 beta was installed on my unit, it has run continuously for months.  That was what I expected when I first got the unit.
Because of these issues, I bought a Drobo 5 bay for home and love it!  I am not a mac person so some other units might do better for streaming etc, but I back up 6 machines and play music from it with no issues.
I understand things happen, but for a product that was released a long time ago, the DNS-343 should have been higher on the priority list.  IMHO.
Anywho.  My home is almost all D-Link products (network, router, ADSL) but work has moved on to Linksys / Sisco.  Such plays the reliability cards....
So Long and Thanks for all the fish!

Too little too late

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2011, 11:56:14 AM »

That would be two sales lost. It is crazy that nobody cares about the user experience.  Social media is everything.  There isn't a person that buys anything without looking at the forums and support pages.  Think of how many sales you have lost for a couple of kb of code.

Shocking

Btw still selling mine for $250. Cash in TO.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 12:46:53 PM »

A DNS-323 beta was just released.  Below is an excerpt of the release notes.  If the update below ports over to the DNS-343 it looks like the advanced format HDDs are no longer an issue (as long as the drive is 2 TB or less).

**NOTE** Although AFT is now supported, there is still a limitation of 2TB per bay. The simplest reason is that in order to format above 2TB the device would have to support GPT partitioning which it currently only supports MBR.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Spalf

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2011, 05:14:42 PM »

A DNS-323 beta was just released.  Below is an excerpt of the release notes.  If the update below ports over to the DNS-343 it looks like the advanced format HDDs are no longer an issue (as long as the drive is 2 TB or less).

**NOTE** Although AFT is now supported, there is still a limitation of 2TB per bay. The simplest reason is that in order to format above 2TB the device would have to support GPT partitioning which it currently only supports MBR.

Is there any chance of getting the team working on the 323 to work on the 343? Seems like the 343 owners who paid a chunk more of cash are being left out in the cold in terms of firmware upgrades. This new firmware has been coming for WAYYYY too long now and i have a feeling that when it IS released, there will be further disappointment still, because the 323 will still have moved further ahead in terms of features.

BC2112

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2011, 05:12:13 PM »

this is why I sold both my 343 units...went to synology and qnap

what an improvement...unbelievable units.

343 was a good idea, but company has booted it I am afraid.

drick

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2011, 06:36:28 AM »

1.04 actually was already approved as an official release internally however I held off the approved version due to lack of 4k Drive support. As soon as it is re-approved with that addition it will go out.

+1 for volunteering for BETA testing
DNS-323v1.8 + ffp 0.5
2x750GB Seagate HDD's / RAID1+EXT3
DNS-343A - retired due to faulty fan
DNS-343B - retired due to faulty fan
DNS-343C v1.05b + ffp 0.5
4x2TB Seagate HDD's / RAID5+EXT3
Netgear RNDP6000
6x2TB WD HDD's / RAID6
Netgear WNDR4500

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2011, 08:10:01 AM »

We're closing in on yet another month since the last chatter from D'Link about the phantom firmware upgrade. . .

dallen

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2011, 03:16:48 PM »

I wish that someone from D-Link would just let us know the following two things:
 a) Will version 1.04 be released to the public (or beta)?
 b) If so, when (the more specific the better, but even an approximation would be nice)

I think most of us would be happy with an approximate year of release.

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2011, 03:36:34 PM »

I wish that someone from D-Link would just let us know the following two things:
 a) Will version 1.04 be released to the public (or beta)?
 b) If so, when (the more specific the better, but even an approximation would be nice)

I think most of us would be happy with an approximate year of release.

a) Yes. It will go out beta when it is available.
b) No date will be posted. 2011.

roflcopter666

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 04:21:17 AM »

this is why I sold both my 343 units...went to synology and qnap

what an improvement...unbelievable units.

343 was a good idea, but company has booted it I am afraid.

Ditto - was the total seeming lack of interest and updates from Dlink that has convinced me to supply Qnap NAS for our clients from now on - is an awesome unit with a strong community. 
Will be offloading my own personal 343 shortly in favour of something that has a better and more up to date feature set. 

Spalf

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2011, 06:44:24 AM »

Ditto - was the total seeming lack of interest and updates from Dlink that has convinced me to supply Qnap NAS for our clients from now on - is an awesome unit with a strong community. 
Will be offloading my own personal 343 shortly in favour of something that has a better and more up to date feature set. 
If i could justify the offload, i would, but i can guarantee that i'll be avoiding Dlink products from now on, which is a shame as i really did like the 323 and 343 and thought they had some potential to go places with some firmware development, however that just isn't the case. Support just isn't good enough - would kill for a qnap too!!!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2011, 06:59:13 AM »

I fully understand the need to reallocate resources to meet other product release deadlines, but these efforts should not come at expense of disregarding existing products (and user base).  This is a sure-fire formula to losing customer loyalty, alienating existing owners, and losing repeat business.

If this is your goal, then you are succeeding spectacularly.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:06:41 AM by JavaLawyer »

dallen

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2011, 03:26:49 PM »

a) Yes. It will go out beta when it is available.
b) No date will be posted. 2011.
Thanks for letting us know.  However, if prior performance is indicative of future behavior, I will bet you a beer that it is never released publicly...and double or nothing that if it is released it will not be released in 2011.

D-Link Multimedia

• Poweruser
  • Level 7 Member
    • D-link Systems, Inc.
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2011, 03:40:34 PM »

Thanks for letting us know.  However, if prior performance is indicative of future behavior, I will bet you a beer that it is never released publicly...and double or nothing that if it is released it will not be released in 2011.

Thats not really an option. I'll take a Shock Top or a Blue Moon with an orange slice. (make that 2)

dallen

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2011, 03:27:56 AM »

I'll take anything from Dogfish Head (www.dogfish.com).  When you get a little older and/or your palate matures you may find the finer microbrews more appealing.  Since it's not possible to bring our bet to fruition, let's do this.  If you win, I'll choke down a Shock Top and a Blue Moon and if I win you have to track down a couple of brews from Dogfish Head.  Some day you will realize that either way you win.  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4