• May 05, 2024, 10:29:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DNR-322L failure (provisionally solved)  (Read 20366 times)

chris_uk

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNR-322L failure (provisionally solved)
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 07:23:01 AM »

It's well over the threshold now, nothing untoward yet (I would estimate it being at about the equivalent of 140% so far).

There's some new daily entries in the NVR logs, so assume there's a housekeeping script to calculate demand for the next x hours when the 10% threshold is breached and delete a certain number of older files accordingly:

2014-08-19 11:03:19 Recycle over
2014-08-19 10:56:42 Recycle started

The recycle times vary per day.

tiredcam

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 03:21:26 AM »

Hi chris_uk and billzer,

Like to find out if you guys tinkered with the recycle setting? I read the patch notes and it is now defaulted to 10%. I am assuming the old setting of 20% was the cause of the lockups?

I am in the midst of patching my unit now but am leery of switching back to JBOD and then find the unit has locked up again 2 weeks from now.

chris_uk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 01:53:34 PM »

Hi tiredcam,

I hadn't changed it previously as all the units were recycling ok at the 10% default for me; after your question I moved it up to 20% on one unit to test and it has operated fine for about a week now - it recycles half as often, but takes about twice the time to compete according to the log! (no visual disturbance etc. that I can pick out at the moment).

It's possible that the high capacity advanced format disks were the "problem" (the multiple units I had all originally hung at or about the set recycling point full stop - perhaps the recycling script wasn't written with them in mind in previous firmware versions?)
Pages: 1 [2]