• April 17, 2024, 10:09:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Problems with gigabit  (Read 5164 times)

demonhole

• Level 1 Member
Problems with gigabit
« on: May 03, 2009, 08:03:29 AM »

setup is
cablemodem-dir825-cat6 cbl-computer and ps3

problem is during data transfer i can only get 10mbps at best.   I've tried a friends laptop wired and still only 10mbps at best.   i have a gigabit card in my cpu and ps3 is gigabit.    i also tried sendin data from laptop to ps3 and still same speeds.  laptop only 10/100.  I've narrowed it down to the router, just dunno wut to change as far as settings, or bad router.   any ideas??
thx

smlunatick

• Level 5 Member
Re: Problems with gigabit
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 01:53:21 PM »

What / how were you testing these transfer?  Gigabit "networking" seem to mainly work over the LAN ports as the WAN port tends to be limited to that the "broadband" "modem" access port is set to.

demonhole

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 09:18:36 AM »

i have cat 6 cable for all connections now and still same problem....i was testing using wireshark

ReviewStud

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 07:49:54 PM »

I'm experiencing the same problem. I've tried different firmware configuration settings and I am only getting 8MB/sec between my PC and my NAS. I've even tried transferring between PC to PC and it's the same data rate. I've been transferring 1GB files and only getting 8MB/sec speed.

My setup:

Comcast cable modem --> DIR-825 Rev. A Firmware 1.0 --> Cat6 cables --> PC and WD MyBookWorld NAS

The PC specs:
Windows Vista SP1 with the network packet tweak.
EVGA 680i motherboard with 10/100/100

If I hadn't bought this router from a guy on Craigslist, I would take it back to the store to get a Netgear or a Linksys.  >:(

BTW, this router emits too much heat!! It is hot as hell to the touch.

claykin

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 08:53:11 PM »

I'm experiencing the same problem. I've tried different firmware configuration settings and I am only getting 8MB/sec between my PC and my NAS. I've even tried transferring between PC to PC and it's the same data rate. I've been transferring 1GB files and only getting 8MB/sec speed.

My setup:

Comcast cable modem --> DIR-825 Rev. A Firmware 1.0 --> Cat6 cables --> PC and WD MyBookWorld NAS

The PC specs:
Windows Vista SP1 with the network packet tweak.
EVGA 680i motherboard with 10/100/100

If I hadn't bought this router from a guy on Craigslist, I would take it back to the store to get a Netgear or a Linksys.  >:(

BTW, this router emits too much heat!! It is hot as hell to the touch.

PC > WD Worldbook is going to be slow.  The Worldbook NAS, except for the latest version, has been a dog slow product.  See www.smallnetbuilder.com for real world reviews of your NAS.

mbg

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 05:12:09 AM »

No problems here... I get 50 megabytes/sec or more to my server that has both a switch and the router in between.

PC (Marvell NIC) - Cat 5e cable - D-Link gigabit switch - DIR825 router - server (3Com NIC)

Also have a cable modem attached to the router and 4 wireless clients.

rev. A1, latest beta firmware (1.12NA).