• April 28, 2024, 07:32:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Wireless causing DIR-655 to continously reboot.  (Read 6692 times)

bewareofthecow

Wireless causing DIR-655 to continously reboot.
« on: April 26, 2008, 01:00:08 PM »

My DIR-655 is in a continual reboot state when wireless is enabled. This is very frustrating. I have managed to upgrade the firmware to 1.11 but that hasn't solved the issue. The only resolution to this issue is to turn off wireless completely.

I have tried different combination of wireless settings to make this work. I have tried using it in 802.11g mode only. I've tried various encryption modes. I have tried various channels and signal strengths.

I also see that other people are having similar issues. This is obviously a defect in a product that is supposed to be a more 'high end' home use product. I for one am very discouraged from using d-link products now. D-Link support has doing nothing to address this issue but I think it is because they know its a hardware defect and they don't want to own up to it. This a bad stance for any company. especially on a product that is supposed to be at the high end of your quality scale.

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
Re: Wireless causing DIR-655 to continously reboot.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 08:01:28 AM »

Hi bewareofthecow,

Do you have a Wireless Telephone Base near to the Router or next to the Router?

Instead of allowing D-Link to autoscan the Wireless Channel Scan in Wireless Settings, uncheck Enable Auto Channel Scan and keep changing the Wireless Channel and also limit the highest Transmission Rate that the Router broadcasts at, to that of the slowest device on your network that you always share files with.

Example: for Transmission Rate:, mine is set for MCS-11-52 (108) Mbit/s.

I have a NetGear Storage Central Unit that its highest speed is 100 Mbit/s per second, wired to the Router.

Transmitting at a higher speed then the highest speed of your slowest device, will cause frequent  Wireless loss.

By limiting the internal speed of the Router, to that of your slowest device, improves reliability of the D-Link Router.

thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10

dcostinett

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 08:29:15 AM »

Just a note that this was my problem with a recently purchased (cheap) wirless phone.

lotacus

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 08:33:19 AM »

This has been discussed numerous times already. There is one reason that I remember, if correctly, is the time server. If you have that enabled. disable it. As wel you may want to upgrade to 1.22b05

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 04:33:09 PM »

This has been discussed numerous times already. There is one reason that I remember, if correctly, is the time server. If you have that enabled. disable it. As wel you may want to upgrade to 1.22b05

Or just use the default Dlink ones. The work fine and give the same time  ;)
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

ttmcmurry

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 10:10:12 PM »

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=5366.msg31786

Discussed ad nauseum.

poker

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 10:23:30 AM »

There is another thread about this:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=3086.0
I been combating this for a long time now.
There is no way, absolute no way to solve it without doing something expensive.
Read on page 6 and forward on the link above.
So many people that is frustrated over DLINK products, and the DIR655 seems to be a headache-price-winner.

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 11:26:15 AM »

There is another thread about this:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=3086.0
I been combating this for a long time now.
There is no way, absolute no way to solve it without doing something expensive.
Read on page 6 and forward on the link above.
So many people that is frustrated over DLINK products, and the DIR655 seems to be a headache-price-winner.

This specific issue is a lot of talk about a minor incident. It's like complaining about traffic in Los Angelos when you live in New York.  ;D
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33