• May 12, 2024, 07:06:19 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Shareport and MAC OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard  (Read 21948 times)

tadzooks

• Level 1 Member
Shareport and MAC OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard
« on: September 08, 2009, 11:40:58 PM »

Having a new MacBook Pro unibody and 10.6 is there any word when a new Shareport version will come out? Neither D-link's version nor the other will work. D-link's will not install period, the installer is not valid and the other will install but cannot locate my HD even though its connected and can see it; strange..

Bojeebees

• Level 1 Member
Re: Shareport and MAC OSX 10.6 Snow Leopard
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 02:38:56 PM »

I've been able to install the 10_4 package in Snow Leopard, and it appears to work, but I am having unusual issues with my All-in-One Epson scanner.

Bojeebees

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 02:48:53 PM »

Now that I've done a bit more testing, I've found that the printer does not print properly (garbled text, endless blank pages) &  the scanner will not initialize.  So, even though I managed to get the Shareport Utility installed in Snow Leopard, it's not working properly.

I haven't been able to find any information regarding Snow Leopard on the D-Link site either.

silk

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 07:11:02 AM »

Is there any news about Snow Leopard and SharePort?

marhov

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 05:02:29 AM »

Finally, I've got this from the Swedish D-Link Support today:

Du hittar shareport utility för mac via adressen nedan.
(You'll find a shareport utility for mac at address below.)
ftp://dlinktemp:dlinktemp@194.117.170.198/Router/SharePort/Mac/D-Link_SharePort_Installer.dmg

NSPaul

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 12:27:25 PM »

Finally, I've got this from the Swedish D-Link Support today:

Du hittar shareport utility för mac via adressen nedan.
(You'll find a shareport utility for mac at address below.)
ftp://dlinktemp:dlinktemp@194.117.170.198/Router/SharePort/Mac/D-Link_SharePort_Installer.dmg

Did that work for you? It doesn't detect the printer I have plugged into my SharePort port. It says I have no devices connected.

I was able to get Shareport working with the 3.0 version now offered on D-Link website, AND updating my DIR-655 firmware to version 1.33NA. BUT, it's very buggy. I usually have to connect and reconnect to the printer several times before the print job goes through.

Seriously, D-Link. Failing to have a properly-working Mac version of this application is not acceptable.

bluecifer

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 04:00:32 PM »

Works for me with Shareport ver 3.0/DNS323/Epson Stylus Photo 340/2.8 Ghz Core Duo Unibody/OSX 10.6

Installed the Shareport 3.0
Installed Epson Drivers
Ran Shareport - no go - right clicked on my existing printers and "reset printing system" which deleted the existing printers (no big deal) and the Epson from the Shareport was recognized right away - although you may need to refresh the utility to have it work properly.

I tried to let the shareport know whether to use the aiport or the ethernet but couldn't find the option - in the end it didn't seem to matter.