• March 28, 2024, 09:28:49 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: No automatic reconnection after comng back from stand by  (Read 5768 times)

kevinla

• Level 3 Member
No automatic reconnection after comng back from stand by
« on: January 20, 2008, 07:58:57 PM »

I am using a D-Link DWA-142 USB adapter with the router.

Whenever my computer comes back from stand by, the internet connection does not automatically reconnect.  I have to go into Network Connections and click on "repair" or "disable/enable".  I did not have that problem before upgrading the drivers on my D-Link DWA-142.   The computer would automatically reconnect.  Is there anythig I can do to fix this problem?  I would like to keep the current driver because the connection seems stronger.

Optix1180

Re: No automatic reconnection after comng back from stand by
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 08:12:22 PM »

Hello kevinla,

Now are you using the BETA drivers 1.20 (use at your own risk) or 1.01, and also what wireless utility is in control of the adapter, XP/Vista or the Dlink Wireless connection Manager?

kevinla

• Level 3 Member
Re: No automatic reconnection after comng back from stand by
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 10:26:04 PM »

Hello kevinla,

Now are you using the BETA drivers 1.20 (use at your own risk) or 1.01, and also what wireless utility is in control of the adapter, XP/Vista or the Dlink Wireless connection Manager?

Beta 1.20 drivers.

I am using the Wireless Connection manager that came with the DWA-142.

Next to the icon in the tray for the wireless connection manager there is another icon for the internet connection.  It is a small computer. When I click on it, a small window appears that says "Home Network Status".

« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 10:41:26 PM by kevinla »