• April 26, 2024, 12:07:55 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Embedding live video to custom web-page via myDlink service - is that possible?  (Read 3243 times)

Popovice

• Level 2 Member

I have been playing with the port forwarding and firewall settings of my router for some time now and I haven't been able to get any single port open and visible to the outside world. I have even used two different router brands (ZyXel and Huawei) with latest firmware releases, but with no success. My conclusion is that my ISP is blocking all the incoming network traffic for some reason.

The camera access via myDlink works fine (also the full resolution image via Advanced Settings tab), so the next question is that would it be somehow possible to use the myDlink service when obtaining video stream data to custom web pages, because in this case you wouldn't have to worry about the IP address and port numbers of the camera? I would appreciate if someone could share this information with me.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

I have been playing with the port forwarding and firewall settings of my router for some time now and I haven't been able to get any single port open and visible to the outside world. I have even used two different router brands (ZyXel and Huawei) with latest firmware releases, but with no success. My conclusion is that my ISP is blocking all the incoming network traffic for some reason.

The camera access via myDlink works fine (also the full resolution image via Advanced Settings tab), so the next question is that would it be somehow possible to use the myDlink service when obtaining video stream data to custom web pages, because in this case you wouldn't have to worry about the IP address and port numbers of the camera? I would appreciate if someone could share this information with me.

I don't know what camera model you are trying to set up or what ISP.

In the camera, you need to turn on and test port forwarding.

On my Asus router, that was all I needed to do.  It was automatically handled.

The only problem was that if the camera would lose power and restart, I would lose that port.  So then I opened up those ports full time in my router and pointed it back to the camera.  I also assigned a static internal IP address to that camera in the router.

Post some images of your router configuration and what you have for your network setup in the camera.  Block anything pointing to your outside IP, but show us what is going on inside.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

http://postimg.org/image/4pkaak01b/