• April 25, 2024, 02:22:59 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 1.21Build11Beta02: Played 3 hours of BF2 tonight! Crossing fingers!  (Read 4098 times)

cesthree

• Level 1 Member

Been following http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=4146.0.

After the OP's last post, I felt like going out on a limb and giving the beta a try too.

Flashed tonight.  Played Battlefield on several servers that used to drop me within a minute.  I didn't even have to mess with disabling SPI or changing the NAT settings.  Pings nice and low, even on servers I believe to be across the Atlantic somewhere.

I had been really frustrated with my 655, even thought about pitching it.  Been kind of rude here too.  Sorry.

(This is my explanation why I have been such a meanie)
You see I had problems with my Internet connection (physical cabling + bad modem) right around the same time I flashed to 1.21.  I had thought it was the firmware at first, but after the cable company repaired the problem I wasn't sure if the firmware was to blame anymore. 

I had my addiction to BF2, and BF2142 CUT OFF.  Not good people, not good.  I was racking my brains with patches, drivers, Punkbuster, etc.  NO JOY.

Until tonight.  Heck I might not go to sleep tonight and just play all night long.

Anyhow, the only settings I changed with the beta FW were:
  • setting an admin password
  • DHCP reservations
  • locking the WAN to 10Mbps
  • disabled QOS
  • disabled WISH
  • setting up a secure wireless network (WPA2, AES, 802.11g only)

These are all the settings I have ever needed to change in the past.

Whatever you guys are doing, keep it up.  Looking forward to the 1.22 Final (No Securespot for me please)
DFI LP UT X48-T3RS 09/23 BIOS / Q9550 EO / LAPPED TRUE-120
2X2GB OCZ3RPR13334GK 1333Mhz 6-6-6-20-1T
OCZ PSU 700 W GAMEXSTREAM / 2x 150GB VRaptor Raid -0
CROSSFIRED SAPPHIRE HD4770's / SAMSUNG 2253BW 22" WIDE LCD