• April 23, 2024, 11:23:05 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Partial printing a PDF  (Read 2975 times)

MarkyMarc35

• Level 1 Member
Partial printing a PDF
« on: October 27, 2010, 07:09:36 AM »

Hi All,
I have a printer connected to the back of my dir-655 Rev B1 ver 2.00na and installed the soft on 2 computers.
I am trying to print a pdf that has only one page but the printing stops at about 30% of the page.That's on both computer.

My printer is a bit old (Hp Deskjet 960C) but i had it on a print server module before i baugh the DIR-655 and it worked great.

Anyone had this issue before?

marmoduke

• Level 3 Member
Re: Partial printing a PDF
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 10:49:52 AM »

Nothing to analyze.

What are your settings/OS etc. etc.

What are your logs showing?

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 01:04:02 PM »

Shareport disconnects automatically a short while after connecting to the printer, you might want to prolong that period in 'Settings' . Older printers do not have large memory so Shareport will disconnect from the router while data is still being sent. Modern printers with more internal memory are able to receive the printfile completely in a few seconds.
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33

MarkyMarc35

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 12:15:53 PM »

Thank you for your time.

Both computers are win 7 computers with all the latest updates
Kaspersky Internet Security as anti-virus/firewall both.

Settings of the DIR-655 basic for DHCP home network and the usb set for SharePort Utility.

I tried to change the time as suggested but i cannot find where it can be done  :(

EddieZ

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 04:27:37 PM »

Thank you for your time.

Both computers are win 7 computers with all the latest updates
Kaspersky Internet Security as anti-virus/firewall both.

Settings of the DIR-655 basic for DHCP home network and the usb set for SharePort Utility.

I tried to change the time as suggested but i cannot find where it can be done  :(

There's only a few options, so keep trying. Hint: try the properties of the printer you installed/use (select, right mouse click and look at Optional Settings - autoconnect - confirm)
DIR-655 H/W: A2 FW: 1.33