• April 26, 2024, 01:09:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Using two DIR-655 Routers Back to Back  (Read 2418 times)

FRED2

• Level 1 Member
Using two DIR-655 Routers Back to Back
« on: October 26, 2010, 02:18:02 PM »

Need help with the configuration for using TWO  DIR-655'S separated by 150 feet of cat 5 cable . One being connected to my cable modem and used for local connections, the second connected to a switched port and located in my shop 150 feet away, used for local connections in the shop area.
Any assistance would be appreciated   
Thanks  Fred

Lukeup

• Level 1 Member
Re: Using two DIR-655 Routers Back to Back
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 02:42:04 PM »

Hi, Do you want the computers in the shop to talk or transfer files with the first router??  I've done this with linksys (since I'm a new d-link owner).  Set the shop router up with an IP, username and password.  Write them down and access them several times (GP).   Make sure the wireless network names are different.  Turn off the DHCP on the router in the shop and let the 1st router assign IPs.  That can be done under Setup->Network Settings.  Make sure you have enough addresses in the IP address range.  The d-link routers seem to take awhile to boot or what ever they do, so give it some moments after you save settings.  Hope that helps.  Luke.