• April 16, 2024, 12:01:35 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-8000LH works in app but not on mydlink.com  (Read 4688 times)

wertok

• Level 1 Member
DCS-8000LH works in app but not on mydlink.com
« on: May 29, 2018, 07:55:23 AM »

Hi

Bought the DCS-8000LH yesterday and everything worked as a charm in the beginning. Could look at video both in app mydlink lite and on mydlink.com. Downloaded Mydlink app and upgraded the firmware to get cloud storing. Now the camera works fine in app but on mydlink.com it says "Connecting to..." and nothing more happends. I've tried to uninstall addon in Google Chrome and reinstalling it. Also installed the addin in IE 11 but the same reuslt in that browser.

Any help will be great!

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: DCS-8000LH works in app but not on mydlink.com
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 09:43:23 AM »

Correct. Unfortunately updating the firmware through the mydlink app (not mydlink lite) installs 2.00 which will no longer work with mydlink lite app or mydlink.com.

wertok

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 08:53:35 PM »

I take your answer that this is a well known bug? Because the update of firmware is a must to get the cloud storage and the cloud storage I believe is in the mydlink.com? Do you know if D-link has addressed this issue and is working on it or what status is it in?

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 06:41:40 AM »

Firmware 2.x.x is for the ability to use cloud recording and the new features in the mydlink app. Unfortunately this kills compatibility with mydlink.com and mydlink Lite app.  ::)

I asked about downgrading and it is not possible on this model to go back to 1.x.x.

wertok

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 12:54:06 AM »

I don't get it. If i understand it correct I must upgrade firmware to 2.x to get cloud storage. To access cloud storage I have to go via mydlink.com but this is impossible with firmare 2.x?  Lucky me then that I have just bought this and I'm able to get this back to store and recieve money back.
I was kind of skeptic when I bought this camera because I've had some bad experience earlier with D-link products but thought that I would give it a go. Regretting this now...

GreenBay42

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 07:10:25 AM »

Cloud storage is NOT on mydlink.com. It is all through the mydlink app.

wertok

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 07:35:47 PM »

Yes! And now when you tell me i remeber seeing it in the app! And then it’s fine by me. It’s enough having it in the app. Case closed and thank you all for replying!