• March 29, 2024, 07:31:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: UPnP Issues - If this isn't right - nothing works  (Read 2829 times)

Lost-time

UPnP Issues - If this isn't right - nothing works
« on: September 24, 2008, 08:33:09 AM »

I wasted LOTS of time just to get the DSM-520 to basically work.  Sometimes it wouldn't work at all, sometimes it would work fine, most of the time it would work spottily and VERY slowly and lose connection with the computer in the middle of doing something.  I FINALLY found a solution.  I hope this will help others to avoid the ridiculous amount of time and energy that I had to put in to get the thing to work.  Now that it is working - I'm pretty happy.... The tips below are on top of all the things D-Link will tell you.  (turning off firewall, turning on UPnP on your computer, etc.)

1.  I had done this properly, but it's worth mentioning for people having problems:  The router needs to have UPnP turned on. 

2.  The solution that took me 6 months to figure out:  Under Programs then Admin Tools, click on Services.  Turn the following to Automatic: "SSDP Discover", "Universal Plug & Play Device Host" and "HTTP SSL".

Good luck!