• March 28, 2024, 09:53:33 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DCS-2136L - News - D-Link Previews Wireless AC IP Camera  (Read 9198 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DCS-2136L - News - D-Link Previews Wireless AC IP Camera
« on: September 25, 2013, 08:47:29 AM »

D-Link Introduces World’s First IP Camera with Wireless 11AC Support (9/24/2013)
First ‘Color Night Vision’ Wireless N Day/Night Camera Provides SMBs Ability to Virtually See in the Dark for Advanced Surveillance Capabilities

D-Link, the network solutions provider for small- and medium-sized businesses, today announced the world’s first IPsurveillance camera with wireless 11ac support – the DCS-2136L. The mydlink™enabled Wireless N Day/Night Camera offers consumers and small business owners advanced networking and viewing capabilities, including a white light LED for ‘Color Night Vision’ viewing in complete darkness and 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity for longer range and greater bandwidth availability.

“With the demand for residential and SMB wireless surveillance steadily increasing, D-Link is moving the market forward with the first IP camera to support the new Wireless 11ac standard,” said Vance Kozik, director of marketing for IP Surveillance, D-Link Systems, Inc. “Whether you are looking for an entry-level, DIY camera or a high end professional enterprise solution, D-Link is dedicated to providing the best, most advanced IP surveillance solutions to its customers.”

The DCS-2136L is equipped with 802.11ac support, providing users with the most up-to-date wireless standard and ensuring Wi-Fi compatibility for years to come. In addition, the new camera delivers more bandwidth capabilities, which allows a greater number of cameras on the wireless network to help keep an eye on what matters most. For added flexibility, it is also backwards compatible with 802.11n/b/g, enabling users to keep their current Wi-Fi standard without having to upgrade right away.

The DCS-2136L boasts Color Night Vision, a new technology combined with an integrated white light LED, which allows the camera to show images in complete darkness while remaining in color mode - more helpful in identification than standard black-and-white night video. Additionally, the visible white light LED serves as a warning sign that the camera is on, and often results in intruders looking directly at the camera, capturing crucial facial details for recognition purposes.

Featuring mydlink support, the DCS-2136L offers simple installation and integration into an existing network with the mydlink portal to view streaming video from a PC, notebook, iPhone®, iPad®, or Android™ device, as well as enhanced remote capabilities via the mydlink+ and free mydlink Lite app. Both apps enable seamless access to camera feeds from anywhere and a host of newly added features for expanded remote control, including motion detection settings, pinch-to-zoom viewing, day/night viewing options, drag-and-drop reordering of devices, two-way audio, remote pan and tilt of live video, and the ability to configure recording1 schedules and
override options2.

Additional Camera Features

The DCS-2136L includes D-Link® D-ViewCam™, sophisticated management software for expanded surveillance options, allowing users to manage up to 32 network cameras, set email alert notifications, create recording schedules, and use motion detection to record directly to a hard drive. Additional camera features include:

• HD resolution 1280x720 HD (1 megapixel)
  • Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) for simple three step installation
  • H.264, MPEG-4 and Motion JPEG compression
  • ONVIF Support
  • Built-in PIR for enhanced motion detection
  • Two-way audio with built-in microphone and speaker
  • microSD Card (SDHC) slot for local storage

Availability

The DCS-2136L will be displayed at ASIS International 2013, Sept. 24-27 in Chicago, and will be available in late 2013 throughout D-Link’s vast network of channel partners, including valueadded resellers and distributors. Detailed specifications and information about D-Link’s complete IP surveillance line are available at www.dlink.com.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 04:13:02 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-2136 - News - D-Link Previews Wireless AC IP Camera
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 10:19:40 AM »

Tom's Guide posted a "first look" article at CES for the DCS-2136:
Tom's Guide - D-Link Camera Brings Color to Dark Rooms

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 11:05:48 AM »

$259.99 retail

http://www.electronichouse.com/product/details/o_hd_cloud_camera_with_color_night_vision_dcs-2136l/

Tom's Guide posted a "first look" article at CES for the DCS-2136:
Tom's Guide - D-Link Camera Brings Color to Dark Rooms

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 03:56:41 PM »

$259.99 retail

http://www.electronichouse.com/product/details/o_hd_cloud_camera_with_color_night_vision_dcs-2136l/

The price on that link was listed as MSRP. I'm hoping the actual retail asking price is lower.  :-\

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 08:32:20 PM »

The price on that link was listed as MSRP. I'm hoping the actual retail asking price is lower.  :-\

I'm not feeling discount 5010l prices of 50% off anytime soon.

I can't find any videos online of this technology.

Axis has done white led illuminators. . But they are expensive... $400+.

Some are labeled as IR.. others aren't.

So I'm guessing the light isn't visible to the eye but the led might be, like some red ir's.

I do wonder about compatibility with regular ir... Or will one or the other wash the other out?

I'm still surprised there are no actual images or videos yet...If there are.. Please point me in the right direction..

Even if it isn't dlink...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-2136L - News - D-Link Previews Wireless AC IP Camera
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 04:12:45 AM »

I'm still surprised there are no actual images or videos yet...If there are.. Please point me in the right direction..

I found a video apparently taken from CES narrated by D-Link walking through a DCS-2136L.
DCS-2136L at CES

It's difficult to judge the color intensity given that we're looking at a video of a computer monitor, so the color is somewhat washed out. I also find it difficult to judge how well the white IR illuminator works since the camera is setup in a demo of a miniature living room in a sealed box no larger than 3' x 2' x 2'. The demo environment uses an external white IR illuminator although the camera manual indicates an integrated white LED on the front face of the DCS-2136L. I can only presume that a low level LED was used for the miniature demo environment to avoid over-saturation.

I'm not trying to be skeptical, but would like to see a more practical demo and some better footage.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 05:22:58 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 01:21:08 PM »

The DCS-2136L is now posted on the mydlink.com/support site, has a product page on the D-Link USA website, and has a D-Link USA FTP space. It won't be long before the product has a dedicated space on the forum.  ;)

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 08:41:31 PM »

The DCS-2136L is now posted on the mydlink.com/support site, has a product page on the D-Link USA website, and has a D-Link USA FTP space. It won't be long before the product has a dedicated space on the forum.  ;)

So it's now available for sale for a few months from what I can tell.

YouTube is lacking.  3 unboxing videos,1 poorly made dlink video that has music on the latter half of the video overriding the tech,  and 1 fat kid with lights on inside.

Nothing showing off this camera at night except for the one staged scene I remember you linked too at a tech show. UGH

$269 on Amazon thru antonline.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 12:57:45 PM »

I found a video apparently taken from CES narrated by D-Link walking through a DCS-2136L.
DCS-2136L at CES

It's difficult to judge the color intensity given that we're looking at a video of a computer monitor, so the color is somewhat washed out. I also find it difficult to judge how well the white IR illuminator works since the camera is setup in a demo of a miniature living room in a sealed box no larger than 3' x 2' x 2'. The demo environment uses an external white IR illuminator although the camera manual indicates an integrated white LED on the front face of the DCS-2136L. I can only presume that a low level LED was used for the miniature demo environment to avoid over-saturation.

I'm not trying to be skeptical, but would like to see a more practical demo and some better footage.

I did more Google today and found this.

http://www.cravingtech.com/keep-eye-home-office-wireless-network-camera-colour-night-vision-d-link-dcs-2136l-review.html

After reading product description, with the PIR being set off you can turn the white LED on. . So basically like turning on a small led flashlight. Still hard to tell what you will be able to see with naked eye. . But you'll definitely see the white led and know you've been spotted, and probably able to see your way, unlike the infrared leds.

Well that's my understanding.  $264 is still a little pricey for 1mp, but it does have faster wifi and might be able to stream faster with newer hardware.

I'm waiting some more.