• April 26, 2024, 11:40:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Adding and formatting 2tb aft drive & keeping old drive with data under 1.10  (Read 3126 times)

andrew190

• Level 1 Member

I'm about to replace one of my drives with a WD EARS 2Tb AFT, my intention is to upgrade to 1.10b05, add the new 2TB drive, reset to factory defaults and then format the new drive only (i.e. leaving the other old drive in place with data).

They'll both just run as 2 separate disks, no RAID or anything like that.

Anyone see any problem with this?

One other thing, if 1.10b05 turned out to not completely sort the 2TB AFT issue and I needed to upgrade to 1.10b06 or the final release does anyone know if I would need to re-format the 2TB drive after the upgrade?

At this stage I really have nowhere to temporarily store the data from the 2nd drive.

andrew190

• Level 1 Member

Switched out my 250GB for a 2TB WD EARS yesterday, reset to factory defaults, installed 1.10b05, formatted the new 2TB drive, left the other drive intact with data (no format).

Drivewsie, everything working perfectly. I have copied about 200GB of data onto the new 2TB drive, it all copied on at the maximum speed my network allows, so no sign of any performance issue with the 2TB.

Very happy, now just waiting for 1.10b06 to come out, as I suspect 06 is set to become the official 1.10 release a little later this month.

A little suspicious about the fan not appearing to run, having said that the device has not not been all that hot. Also I seem to recall people complaining about the fan running too much. Have D-Link said anything about changes in 1.10 to the how the fan is controlled?