The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-850L

Is it even possible to block Google DNS on 850L B1?

<< < (6/6)

cacatnow:
I still get replies from 8.8.8.8 FW 2.09 browser Google Chrome

GreenBay42:
I just saw 2.09 from your first post  ::)

You may want to update the firmware. The latest global release is 2.21. Maybe try that and see if it fixes it.

I see 2.09 is the latest in your region - http://www.dlink.com.my/dir-850l-msia/#firmware

I do not know if the world wide (WW) firmware will work with your router. 2.21 is on the US site as well as tsd.dlink.com.tw (global releases). You may want to contact tech support and report the issue and see if using the 2.21 firmware will work. Your rules are set up properly but looks like the router is not blocking the traffic.

Link to WW firmware - ftp://FTP2.DLINK.COM/PRODUCTS/DIR-850L/REVB/DIR-850L_REVB_FIRMWARE_v2.21B01.zip

cacatnow:
Lol I'm afraid to update to this WW firmware. It might broke the router altogether. Anyway thanks for the support.

GreenBay42:
Sorry that didn't work for you. Definitely contact tech support because your settings are correct.

This firmware is a 2 step process. The first firmware encrypts the firmware so you will not be able to downgrade if it doesn't work. (you will have to do an emergency firmware recovery to go back to 2.09) so I do understand your hesitation.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version