• March 28, 2024, 08:02:38 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Opinions  (Read 54763 times)

Ikatsu76

• Level 1 Member
Re: Opinions
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 04:42:26 PM »

I tried setting up MAC address filtering for ALLOW only specific MAC addresses and chose for the first device to filter on as my VOIP device (Selected from the drop down to pre-populate the form). After Clicking on add the router hung and would not refresh the page.  (note this was just clicking add and not clicking on the save button)

Bouncing the router and letting it come back up allowed the VOIP device to connect just fine but none of the other devices on my network (both hardwired or wireless) would receive an IP address from the DHCP server. They saw the connection but it would just timeout on attempting to get an IP address and generate one.

I checked the routers display and it showed the wired connections as "connected" but it would not hand out IPs.
I checked the log from the display on the router and it did not have any information about rejected MAC addressed etc.

I was forced to reset the router back to factory specs and set it up again.
I have not attempted to re-setup MAC filtering again so I don't know if this was a fluke or an actual issue.

URRIAH

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 05:58:11 PM »

Since resolving my issues, this router seems to be very stable and network strong. It works great for my gaming and holds the bandwith when I am hosting a room with 11 other players. many struggle to host a room and lose their connection to the server. The only request I have is being able to make quick changes while on-line without having to reboot the router. This would be a great feature and would be very handy.

The logging system is the best I have seen yet, allowing me to see the actual handshake and authentication  to servers, this is most important for me in case I need to resolve a problem.

I have run Linksys for a long time and have tried belkin  :( ONLY ONCE.

I tried to run my wrt350n for gaming and can not even come close to the power i have through the 4500. Thank you for making a great product, look forward to the final update of the beta.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 06:00:54 PM by URRIAH »

kltye

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 08:47:23 AM »

The only complaint I have with this is that QoS seems to crash the router under heavy traffic. I had a rule set up for outgoing FTP, and when I was doing some uploading (maxing out the upstream of 768 kbps), the router would drop the WAN connection every 5-10 minutes. It wouldn't reboot; the logs just said that the WAN connection is down. After I turned of QoS, the router has been connected for 4 days now, something it has never done before.

Also, I'd prefer if an option is available to make the OLED display in 24 hour format :)

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 04:44:40 PM »

Instead of disabling the QoS, disable the dynamic fragmentation.

kltye

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 03:02:08 PM »

Disabling dynamic fragmentation was one of the first things I did. :) It did help in stability for day-to-day use, but once I started hammering the upstream, the WAN connection was dropped every 5-10 minutes.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 01:02:28 PM »

Please list the modem and ISP being used.

kltye

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 09:07:11 PM »

Modem is a 2WIRE 2701HG-B. ISP is AT&T DSL running @ 6Mbps down, 768Kbps up. Modem is in bridge mode. Thus far, connectivity has been for nine days - since my last reboot to save the settings for QoS.

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 11:27:13 AM »

Keep us posted about uptime.

URRIAH

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 04:06:02 AM »

Well I do not know what to say, my 4500 is now back to rebooting evry 12 hours on its own :o
Last eve under load on ps3 it disconnected from server and rebooted.
After checking everything twice over cannot see a prob.
Obviously there is a prob in the program, have we come up with a solution yet to this rebooting?

mindleak

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008, 11:47:24 PM »

I would like an option to have the OLED display stay on indefinitely.

It doesn't do me a lot of good when it turns itself off after a few seconds.

Dragonslore

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 05:12:35 AM »

Any word on the progress of the Beta Firmware?

Is there a Bug Track List for the firmware changes?
- Excuse the writing, I've got a Dyslexic Keyboard

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2008, 10:13:46 AM »

We do not have an ETA for a new firmware.
As for the OLED, it can not stay on indefinitely. The unit will burn in.

mindleak

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2008, 08:35:08 PM »

Program the display to dim after x amount of minutes... and then have the entire screen reverse every x amount of minutes so all the pixels that were off are now on and vice versa.

I do have another issue though... it doesn't reboot randomly like others do, but it has trouble with loading webpages with lots of images on it... be it large or small images.

The first couple will load really quick, then it'll stop loading, then slowly load the rest of the images.

Any ideas on that one?

Rad Spencer

• Capt.
  • Level 2 Member
  • Master D's Going Down!
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 11:20:42 AM »

what type of internet connection do you have?
Yeah, over to disposal area. Heroes always look good.

Jammrock

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 10:10:33 AM »

I have been running the beta firmware for a month or so now, and I have not had any issues with it so far.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4