• April 19, 2024, 09:24:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: WiFi Signal loss  (Read 9605 times)

Kamikazi2142

• Level 2 Member
  • Games, nothing else worth while, watch your SIX!
    • Arch Angels Headquarters
WiFi Signal loss
« on: July 06, 2009, 06:49:45 PM »

it has come to my attention that i might need to post this separately, but, i have never experienced the signal loss, of course, i had never used stock antenna's on my DGL-4500.

in fact, the DIR-625 i had a pair of signal amplifiers hooked into it, and i could connect to it down the block and across the street.

in a round about way of putting it... its not that D-Link is at fault for their firmwares, its that their antenna's aren't handling their signals properly, which is why i switched out my antenna's for a pair of Hawking Technologies™ HAI7SIP, 2.4GHz Hi-Gain WiFi antenna which boosts your wireless signal strength from 2dBi (standard power) to 7dBi.

i recommend this strongly, and for those of you out there,please make life easier and live by this motto, "D-Link for the routers and HawkingTech for the antennas"

Hawking Technologies
http://www.hawkingtech.com/products/productlist.php?CatID=32&FamID=58&ProdID=214

if you have anything else to add, please by all means reply, also, if you know another reliable antenna brand post that as well, i am hoping to find the 15dBi amplifier usb antenna... seen it a while back when i was still in the army in a PCMagazine they were talking about the security of your wifi, and how others can piggy back on your wifi, well, i want the antenna to extend my laptops range... i just am too lazy to do anything about it... lol.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 06:53:19 PM by Kamikazi2142 »
Ubee DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
DGL-4500 {wifi disabled
1x DGS-1005G
DIR-625 {converted to Switch/AP for wifi

edlivian

• Level 2 Member
Re: WiFi Signal loss
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 12:21:06 PM »

my wireless signal strength and connection speed have been horrible ever since I have upgraded to 1.20+, I wish I could go back to anything besides this crap, 1.02, 1.12, 1.15, 1.16.

D-LINK, wake up, and give us all a downgrade path!!!!!

I DO NOT WANT SHAREPORT, WHY WOULD I WANT A FEATURE THAT HAS A MAXIMUM SPEED OF 4MB/s.

I NEED WIFI SPEED, STRENGTH, AND RELIABILITY, THAT IS ALL!!!!!

Dracil

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 08:24:11 PM »

After being completely frustrated by my DGL-4500 router ever since I upgraded to 1.20 thinking it might help a game I was having connectivity issues with (Demigod), I decided to take a look using inSSIDer to look if something was causing interference.  I'm using 1.20b1.  The 2WIRE624 Router is my DGL-4500 while the 2WIRE282 is my actual modem/router that I am connected to instead just so I can have a *some* sort of a stable connection.  The DGL-4500 was probably rebooted only 3-4 hours ago.

Frankly, I'm coming pretty close to just throwing in the towel and getting a Linksys and putting DD-WRT or Tomato firmware on it.

Edit: After posting, I take another look at inSSIDer and this is what it looked like.  This is laughably unacceptable.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 08:37:06 PM by Dracil »

darklight_tr

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 12:16:02 PM »

Wireless N range and performance are awful with v1.2x.  I had to move my DAP-1555 since it was no longer able to connect to the DGL-4500.  UGH.

AaronDM

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 07:19:31 PM »

Smack your self for saying its not "D-Links" fault. It definitely is.

The 1.20 firmware is so damned buggy. On 1.15 my wireless was fine (my upload however was just causing major lag for me, on a wired line), however when I upgraded to 1.20 (in hopes the upload issue would get fixed), I ended up with my wireless signal dropping every 10-20 minutes if not less.

Is there no feedback from D-LINK, no "we are aware and are working on it?"