• April 26, 2024, 01:18:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Will any Firmwares Fix These Issues?  (Read 9649 times)

ap90033

• Level 1 Member
Will any Firmwares Fix These Issues?
« on: May 21, 2008, 09:26:32 AM »

I have all PC's Running Vista, when one is in game and other is browsing web, my in game pings shoot to 300+. I have 8meg down and 1/2 meg up. I have went back and forth with DLINK Support and the first thing they said do was update to beta bios, which they dont suppport??? Is it me or is this nuts? I just want my $170 router to work right you know?

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
Re: Will any Firmwares Fix These Issues?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 12:18:40 PM »

The beta firmware is supported for the most part. I seriously doubt you'd be denied any service from tech support because you ran that firmware.

ap90033

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 12:31:35 PM »

Ok I will give it a try I am excited it mentions vista fixes....

Hopefully it will resolve my issues...

Lycan

• Administrator
  • Level 15 Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 12:32:09 PM »

<----- Crosses Fingers.

rav3n0u5

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 08:47:11 PM »

I have read through the release notes of the latest beta firmware, and they don't seem to contain much information about stability. 

The issue described here:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20331902-DGL4500-drops-wifi-connection-during-large-file-transfers

is one that I am having too.  When transferring large files, other connections break.  It's not that bandwidth is being saturated, it's that wireless connections are actually dropped.

The connecting modems are a dlink usb puck -- don't remember the model and don't have physical access to it at the moment, a belkin N device (also no access), and a Dell Latitude D610 with an integrated Intel 2200 BG chip.  They don't lose access simultaneously, they die out and reconnect over time.

In attempts to mitigate this problem I have changed beacon and fragmentation thresholds.  Currently, my Beacon is set to 80 and my Frag is 1300.  I noticed that on packets greater than 1400 bytes in size (ran a few ping -t -l 1400 xxx.com tests), the connection times out pretty often.  I was hoping that fragmenting packets of 1300 or greater would help.  So far, it hasn't really.

I upgraded to the new beta firmware tonight, hoping there were changes made that haven't been posted.  Am I perhaps too optimistic?

Dragonslore

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 03:52:50 PM »

When I first got my 4500, it ran great with no problems.

But after a few weeks, I started noticing problems such as you and others descibe with the wireless.

If you check the router logs, you will find that the problem isn't anything to do with the connection timing out.

From what I've seen, the router logs show Client De-Authentication, plus there was one other message which I fail to remember. But the gist of the matter from the logs I've seen, seems to to indicate that the internal Wireless Client in the 4500 appears to having problems communicating with the router itself.

In other words, the router and the wireless client appear to be seperate components instead of being integrated together.

Either that, or there is a problem in the firmware which is causing it to appear this way.

I probably should have posted when I first noticed those errors in my router logs as I would at least have been able to provide the exact messages to explain why I said what I did in regards to the router

- Currently, I have the Wireless completely disabled until such time as D-Link is able to provide a stable firmware with out this problem.

In the meantime, I'm running a wired GigaBit network in my home which in all actuality is a hell of a lot faster than the 300MB's I was getting with the wireless. :P

I've got the DWA-643 Express card for my laptop and that works just fine when the connection works. But for now, it's put away until such time as I turn the wireless back on. For now, I just use an EC1000 GigaBit Express Card with my laptop seeing as D-Link doesn't sell any GigaBit Express Cards.
- Excuse the writing, I've got a Dyslexic Keyboard

ap90033

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 06:24:26 AM »

i just upgraded to the 1.12 firmware that is supposed to be Stable. seem to still be dropping connections. Any ideas? This thing cost way to much money to be giving all these issues...

IG88

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 08:51:19 PM »

I wouldn't mind an answer to this as well.  And yes the router is on it's side.

Thx