• April 23, 2024, 01:57:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR 655 dropping connection with email download  (Read 3721 times)

Marge3136

• Level 1 Member
DIR 655 dropping connection with email download
« on: May 18, 2009, 10:07:13 AM »

I have been having trouble with DIR 655 dropping the connection on cable modem when downloading email in Outlook on a LAN line. The internet is obtained from a cable modem. This router has had this problem from the beginning. I have upgraded to the firmware to 1.21, 1.22b, and now 1.30NA and it consistently disconnects, and none of these firmware upgrades has made a difference with this problem. If I run the cable modem straight into the computer the email downloads quickly. Is this a defective router?

ttmcmurry

• Level 4 Member
Re: DIR 655 dropping connection with email download
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 03:29:59 PM »

How many computers are on your wireless network?

If more than one, does the same thing happen on the other computer(s)?

If you don't have a second wireless computer, can you get a friend to bring their laptop over and try out the same thing? 

If you've done any of the above, let us know so we can eliminate either the router or the computer you're on as the culprit and help troubleshoot you more.  We need more info to help.

Marge3136

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 10:06:30 AM »

This is an older computer that is running Windows 2000. The internet connection was being dropped and the router resetting consistently when downloading email using MS Outlook. This occurred over a LAN line. The computer has firewall software, I think it is ZoneAlarm. What ended up working was installing Thunderbird, and not using Outlook. There have been no disconnections with Thunderbird and the router has not disconnected. This was not a problem with the wireless connection. Now the router firmware is 1.31 and everything seems to be working okay. I did not know that software could cause the router to drop its connection.

Thanks for your help!

jenhansen

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 07:38:57 PM »

I am having EXACTLY the same problem except that I am on windows 7 using Outlook 2007.  If I plug in directly to my cable modem, it is lightning fast.  Would love to hear if others have experienced this problem!

jenhansen

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 03:08:43 PM »

FYI - I downloaded beta firmware from dlink and it solved my problem.

obkook

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 08:51:06 PM »

FYI - I downloaded beta firmware from dlink and it solved my problem.

Which rev. Firmware did you use to solve your problem?

jenhansen

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 09:19:55 PM »

It is beta firmware. You need to get all the way to level 3 tech support.  You can also download here:

ftp://dlink.com/downloads

Select the dir 655 router folder.

Download the following for the dropped connections:  dir655_fw_132b09NA_beta

It was like MAGIC and ended TONS of frustration!!!