• March 27, 2024, 11:32:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Speed up 5020L, & hold pan tilt  (Read 3108 times)

Mitsiboy

• Level 1 Member
Speed up 5020L, & hold pan tilt
« on: November 25, 2013, 09:47:43 AM »

1. I have 2 DCS-5020l's. Is there a way to make them react faster to a command? If I am on local network, and connecting through mydlink, it is reacts within 4-6seconds. When I am connected through the internet, it may take 10-20 seconds for a movement to happen. I have a 6-8mbs upload speed on my home internet. I use other devices that react alot faster.

2. Is there a way to be able to make the camera pan or tilt while the icon is being press? I  would like to be able to hold the "arrow" down and it will move until I let go.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Speed up 5020L, & hold pan tilt
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 10:29:32 AM »

1. I have 2 DCS-5020l's. Is there a way to make them react faster to a command? If I am on local network, and connecting through mydlink, it is reacts within 4-6seconds. When I am connected through the internet, it may take 10-20 seconds for a movement to happen. I have a 6-8mbs upload speed on my home internet. I use other devices that react alot faster.

10-20 seconds is too long for Internet connectivity. I personally find that the response time usually falls on the low end of between 4 to 8 seconds. Try rebooting your DCS-5020L and router.

BTW - what make/model router do you have? What firmware version in installed on your DCS-5020L?

2. Is there a way to be able to make the camera pan or tilt while the icon is being press? I  would like to be able to hold the "arrow" down and it will move until I let go.

Unfortunately, no.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 05:09:01 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Mitsiboy

• Level 1 Member
Re: Speed up 5020L, & hold pan tilt
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 06:26:15 PM »

I have a Motorola U-Verse router/modem. Both 5020l have 1.01 firmware version. I have rebooted both cameras and the router with no changes.