• April 19, 2024, 01:30:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Access Control not working  (Read 27647 times)

marmoduke

• Level 3 Member
Re: Access Control not working
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 04:42:40 AM »

Must have a lemon router.  Sounds like you need to start from scratch.  Write down your settings that are desired.

Remove all rules and websites.

RESET router to Factory Defaults, not just reboot.

Reload Firmware

Reboot

Go back in and manually renew your settings, except for SecureSpot, of course.

Check Accesss Control

Make rules (some access) using spefific IP or MAC addresses

Enter websites without prefix or suffix in 1.33.NA.

to block Yahoo for instance just enter Yahoo, not yahoo.com as the instructions tell you to.

Good luck

dirkpitt

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 10:37:26 AM »

Again? 

The only step that I haven't followed is writing everything down vs. backing up and restoring.   :-[ Sigh.

I know, I know... I will give this a shot the next time I've got time to kill trying to baby this thing into doing it's job as it should...
DIR-655 H/W A4, Firmware 1.34NAb02 beta

marmoduke

• Level 3 Member
Re: Access Control not working-Addenda
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 10:01:55 AM »

Dirkpitt...

One more thing my friend,

Before your "reflash" the firmware, download a fresh copy of it.  Do not use the same firmware image.  It is likely corrupt...which could be contributory to your problems.

dirkpitt

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 08:47:57 AM »

While I do understand the importance of making sure that the firmware download has been successful and uncorrupted, I don't believe that I would have corrupted firmware images for each 1.3X version that I have installed recently:  1.32NA, 1.33NA, 1.34NA.

If anything I would be able to believe that somehow my configuration was partially corrupted during the backup stage of upgrading, and then this corruption could have been carried forward through each upgrade.

Regardless, when I do attempt the manual configuration following a factory reset, I will download a fresh copy of the 1.34 beta firmware and perform a bitwise comparison and also compare checksum to the previous download.   It's just a matter of finding the extra hour to comb through all of those pages and find everything that I have tweaked.

Speaking of potentially corrupted downloads... there was an MD5 value published with 1.33beta...  Hmm...

dirkpitt

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 01:05:48 PM »

FYI... I have posted an MD5 checksum to the beta forums:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=12589.0

Has anyone else seen progress with the Access control issue?

I will likely be trying a re-flash and manual re-config this weekend, and will post my findings here.
Pages: 1 [2]