• April 16, 2024, 01:09:37 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Feature request to play Subtitle files and Internet Radio  (Read 5447 times)

far95

• Level 1 Member
Feature request to play Subtitle files and Internet Radio
« on: March 14, 2008, 04:39:51 PM »

I have DSM-510 with DIR-655 router and DNS-323 as Media server. Currently this setup is not able to play SRT (or any other format) subtitle files with my AVI movies. I am not sure this request should be for DSM-510 or DNS-323. If Dlink can tell me that this feature is in to do list or not.
Also I like to see DSM-510 to be able to play Internet radio by providing the link.
I like to know if anyone worked these out and let me know how to.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Feature request to play Subtitle files and Internet Radio
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 03:29:32 PM »

Yes the .srt support will be an update for the DSM-510. This will be forwarded to PM along with your internet radio support request for review.

Thank you
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

far95

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 04:12:58 PM »

Yes the .srt support will be an update for the DSM-510. This will be forwarded to PM along with your internet radio support request for review.

Thank you

Thank you for the update. I look forward to these changes.

saffie

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 07:49:50 AM »

This is exactly what I was hoping for! It would be realy great if D-Link decides
to put this .srt support in. I can't wait!

far95

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 06:20:21 PM »

Thank you

Hi,
Any more update for .srt and Internet Radio support for DSM-510? Would you pls let me know when this new firmware update will be available? The DSM-520 has .srt support hence I don't think would be difficult to add this functionality to DSM-510 firmware.

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 10:58:53 AM »

If you read the first post you ask if it would be and update for the DNS-323 or DSM-510. In my statement I said it will be an update for the DSM-510 meaning it would have to be for the DSM-510 and not the DNS-323. I do not know of any plans if .srt will be added to this device in any future update. I forwarded a request but do not know if they can implement this feature. So no update it this time. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

If you are looking for Internet Radio please checkout TVersity as you media server on your PC.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream